Watchtower found guilty ruled to pay 7 million to 1 victim? wow

by yourmomma 361 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

lol. Actually I wasn't but from what u told me, it couldn't happen to a nicer guy

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

YAY!

I hope this is the beginnings of the pangs of distress for them; these bastards need to meet their end, and soon!

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

lol

Very interesting case, here, though.

• sf
    sf

DT,

I have some ideas as far as media goes and inoculating the public. I used to spend a great deal of time doing just that. Yet back in the day, we didn't have youtube or the social outlets we have available online today. And how the internet and television are more connected today as opposed to when people chose one or the other for their info. Today we can make a quality, factual docu-video and get it going viral and the television media will pick it up {even if the media hesitates, we won't}. Show visually, all court docs, THESE THREADS ON THIS PROFOUND AND VITAL FORUM that hold, pardon the pun, accurate knowledge that many of the posters here possess, other online info the public can be armed with when a jw comes to their door.

I know what I'll have waiting...my video. I'll ask them to please watch it and give me their feedback. I've done this before but not with a video.

It's a new age people, in getting info out...easily and effectively. Use your imaginations and brainstorm ideas for your community. If one person in each community, from this forum, did just that, we have started a great momentum. Whether it's a flyer, an email, a video that you stand on the street showing to others or sending through mail or text or however...we now have the capabilities of shoving the WTBTS right up against the preverbial wall.

Just thought I'd put it out there.

sKally

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Lawyers that seek advice from people like me are encouraged to sue the WT of PA as well as WT of NY. However, it has happened many times that WT of PA is removed later when WT attorneys file papers to have that entity removed and then convince a judge at a hearing that WT of PA has no dog in the fight. Perhaps this happened in this case. I'd have to go back and read carefully all the briefs that were filed. Watchtower of NY is the entity that controlled the Service Department back in the mid 1990s when this molestation took place so the bad decisions and bad policies of the Service Dept. (which is responsible for all of the JW organizational arrangements in the US) was laid at the door of the Watchtower of NY.

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Thank you Simon or Lady Lee for correcting the spelling of the word "Watchtower" in the subject line. Much appreciation goes to the person who started this thread but that misspell needed fixing so that all JWs who Google Watchtower will find this thread!

• DT
    DT

"However, it has happened many times that WT of PA is removed later when WT attorneys file papers to have that entity removed and then convince a judge at a hearing that WT of PA has no dog in the fight."

That sounds likely. It would be interesting to find out if that happened in this case. I also found it interesting that the Governing Body was listed as a defendant. I wonder if they were also removed at some point.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Lawyers that get advice from people like me are encouraged to sue the WT of PA as well as WT of NY. However, it has happened many times that WT of PA is removed later when WT attorneys file papers to have that entity removed and then convince a judge at a hearing that WT of PA has no dog in the fight. Perhaps this happened in this case.

It looks like it's happened here too (if I've understood correctly).

01/09/12Dismissal As to Defendant: The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, a Corporation Ent

</form>

• Diest
    Diest

I hope this Woman gets their kingdom hall! Maybe she could turn it into a home for witness kids that get thrown out of their house.

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Hey, AnnOMaly, thanks for finding that record of dismissal. Now we have proof of what happened to WT of PA.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit