Watchtower found guilty ruled to pay 7 million to 1 victim? wow

by yourmomma 361 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

$30 M in cash?

They must have a damn huge mattress somewhere where they hide the rest...

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

I am sure they have many shelter corporations and much money squirelled away in each branch. I imagine each branch is a seperate corporation that can keep money seperate, even though we know if "Mother" asked for the money from another branch they would get it.

• sir82
    sir82

I know they invest heavily in bonds & the stock market - a friend (with whom I haven't spoken in quite a while) of mine works in the Bethel investment dept.

He is very tight-lipped about how much they have invested and where. But considering their size, I'm sure it's in the 8 of not 9 figures (dollars).

Surely there must be a way that they would be forced to disclose their books?

• DT
    DT

We should be ready to share this on social media and blog posts as soon as the news starts reporting on this.

I have been trying to think of some good hashtags for Twitter. #itsacult is already popular and used for many JW related stories. #Watchtower #WatchtowerAbuse #WatchtowerCoverup #WatchtowerLawsuit #JW #JehovahsWitnesses #stoptheabuse #protectchildren are some more ideas. Please share if you have other ideas, especially if they are short and memorable. A lot of us are on Twitter and can get this trending if we tweet and retweet the news coverage.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

The 30M will come from all the Worldwide Contributions sent to the branch. Maybe this will open some eyes in N.Y. headquarters to what reality actually is.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Probably got some hid in a country they ain't preached in yet

that's where they will go when the mess hit the fan

yea, hide in a place where that sham of a cult ain't been heard of

Hitlers men did somethin' like that, the GB may do likewise

• FatFreek 2005
  • life is to short
    life is to short

Barbara thanks for the update.

I am on my phone and should be working right now. This just hits so close to home for me and what I have been through in my local hall.

I am just so glad about this.

Thanks agaun Barbara

LITS

• wasblind
    wasblind

those sisters at the conventions need to stop

Sittin' all lonely guardin' the spoils of the WTS

get up , take them boxes and go home

you earned it

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

For clarity sake - Watchtower of NY is not really where most of the money is. Watch Tower of PA is where the money is. I wrote about this in an article that is on Freeminds.org. which explains which entity owns what.

For instance, WT of PA is the holder of the self-insured insurance program they have, and this is where the money goes to from congregation payments and donations.

Watch Tower of Pennsylvania was not part of this lawsuit. This is what I was told. However, people don't always get their facts straight and I can only repeat what I'm told that is if they give me permission to do so.

Barbara

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit