Watchtower found guilty ruled to pay 7 million to 1 victim? wow

by yourmomma 361 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• wasblind
    wasblind

Victims, don't have to sit and " WAIT ON ANOTHER LIFETIME " for justice

God allows us to seek relief through Ceasars laws. Somthin' the WTS has praticed for decades

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

Does anyone know if the jury has gone into deliberations, or if they haven't gone in yet at what time are they scheduled?

• cedars
    cedars

shamus100

When you listen, do you vomit or just dry-heave?

A bit of both. I always listen to these things with a bucket "on hand", just in case!

Cedars

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

This is great! Some of the best news I have heard for quite a while! I hope every victim comes forward and rips the WT to shreads in the courtroom!

A&N

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Taking it to a 'local' level... I would think that the 'North Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses, Freemont California' has some 'splainin to do. It will probably be dissolved, or the 'elders' replaced in entirety.

Of course... the elders only did as they were told, but that's no excuse.

Sidenote: if you are reading the court proceedings, you will notice that 'The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses' is named in the suit, and is always a 'no show' in court.

Regards,

Jim TX

• sabastious
  • AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

This morning, and it's 10:10 A.M. now in California, the jury listens to the attorneys representing both sides. This event is supposed to be short and then the jury begins deliberation. Their decision will be announced tomorrow morning. If this part of the trial started at 9 A.M., it could already be over. We will have to sit tight and wait for more news as it is passed along. I'm quite excited about what has transpired since yesterday afternoon. This is a first! A victim that was determined to go to trial. She cared little about the settlement. It was not about the money! But in the long run, she might be the one who is awarded the most for the years of agony she spent because WT just didn't care about the children. Life is strange!

• wasblind
    wasblind

I hear ya Barbara

No amount of money can replace a stolen childhood or innocence lost

• vanyell
    vanyell

I think it is still relatively easy for the WTBTS to place the blame squarely on the shoulders of the Fremont elders, and then tell the other JW congregations that God is winnowing the JWs to separate the sheeps from the goats. In addition, there is a possiblity that they will play this up as persecution by the world. Something more earthshaking is needed to severely crack their facade of holier than thou attitude.

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

Thanks for the answers Barbara.

I am glad this victim has received the compensation judgment. She tried to get policy change before filing her case last year and now she has had her day in court. The WT should have made changes years ago instead of obstinately staying their course...it is hard to believe they're still in business.

I hope this young lady and others that have suffered get some justice and a little peace.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit