Watchtower found guilty ruled to pay 7 million to 1 victim? wow

by yourmomma 361 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• paladin
    paladin

Our hall will probably be getting an ATM machine now to help cover future court costs.

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

sasha bean wrote:

She saw a pedo's name on Megan's list

I'm tempted to benignly visit a few KH's as an "interested one," gradually learn some names over time and look them up to see if any are in the congs in my vicinity.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

yknot:

"Instead of DOs bullying victims.....now they will bully known (possible suspected) pedos into submitting letters of disassociation before officially cleaning house..... that way they can claim 'holy spirit' removed the wicked and not Caesar"

I think you're on to something there. The WTS opening the door to this approach with the Bulgarian blood issue. The WTS can stand there and say "What, WE didn't punish anyone for taking blood. When they took blood they were DISASSOCIATING THEMSELVES."

If they can take that stance when people take blood, what's stopping the WTS from taking that stance with every disfellowshipping offense? Then they can stand there and say "Nooo lite! WE don't kick ANYONE out of the congregation, people kick THEMSELVES out, demonstrating by their actions that they no longer consider themselves as one of Jehovah's Witnesses!"

• mind blown
    mind blown

I just sent the info to one of my friends who works for the media, hoping he can do something. If anyone else can contact the media would be great.

This should be huge because the Jerry Sandusky case is now underway!!! Great timing!

• cofty
    cofty

Just catching up on this one, way behind due to time difference and at work all day.

I can't express how delighted I am. The victim deserves every dollar for the courage and fortitude to see it through in court.

I hope this is the starting gun for hundreds more similar claims. I can't wait to hear how big the punitive damages are.

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Info I just received from someone in the court room - The judge read to the jury, before they went into deliberation that the Watchtower [and this is the Watchtower of NY, not the Watch Tower of Pennsylvania], that "WT has $30M in cash and approx $1B in real estate."

• cofty
    cofty

I hope they take it all.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Surely they have lot more than that.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I think that once the fine is announced, a flyer for every cong along with a link to Megan's law should be distributed. Hey maybe just in time for the DA's. Lot's of dubs in one place. A sign or two......

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

Barbara - Thanks again for the update! Wonderful to hear the judge make that announcement.

The WTS may have billions in holdings, but they do not have much in the way of liquid assets.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit