Watchtower found guilty ruled to pay 7 million to 1 victim? wow

by yourmomma 361 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• yknot
    yknot

Yep.... out them and cut them loose.....

Clean sweep makes the WTS look like it is trying.....

Such actions could lessen the amounts of future financial awardments/settlements.

• yknot
    yknot

The GB could also hang out Guy Pierce to dry on this....

Would be interesting if victims he allegedly bullied during his DO days stepped forward with a civil suit....

• sir82
    sir82

Oh to be a fly on the wall in the WT legal dept. today....or the GB boardroom.....

So who wants to call Bethel and quote Isaiah 54:17 to them?

Any weapon whatever that will be formed against you will have no success, and any tongue at all that

will rise up against you in the judgment you will condemn. This is the hereditary possession of the servants

of Jehovah, and their righteousness is from me,” is the utterance of Jehovah.
  • shamus100
    shamus100

Oh sir82, Gog of Magog baby! ;P The ultimate persecution scripture. :D

Do we have any actual American lawyers that can comment on the ramifications and precedents of this ruling?

• mind blown
    mind blown

It's too late to correct the spelling, JWN only gives you 30 mins to self correct. Hopefully yourmomma will start another thread.

I remember at one time JW's and the WTS was so proud because they would use "well the WTS has never lost in court".....what says you now?!

• life is to short
    life is to short

l am on my phone and just saw this. I pray that this is leget. I have been hoping for this for a long time. I knew it would happen it is all just a matter of time. They have way tooooo msny pedo;s in the religion and no one minding the store ti care.

LITS

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

LITS - this is legit, court documents are available online. You're correct, the elders running the WTS HQ are more concerned with the Org's image than with their flock. They care more about self preservation.

I don't think this case and future ones will be enough to end the WTS, but it will hurt their image and balance sheet.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I remember in 2006 or so, the WTS had a Memorial tract entitled something like "False Religion". It made the point that false religion abuses children in secret. It showed a picture of a priest. Yep, couldnt' agree more. Wish I had a copy of that tract now.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

This is one great story with actual proof of court documents unlike the last one where we were going by an individual's words to which I still haven't seen any court documentation. This is great and I only hope this sets a presidence for other future cases, and I hope it helps victims to come forward knowing they have a chance in getting wts to pay out for evil they've done, which would also help lawyers to take their cases to court.

It wouldn't surprise me if wts appealed. Their lawyers are real scum, to continue representing low lifes who protect pedophiles, these lawyers can't be stupid and can't be that ignorant as not to see how wts policies are hurting r&f. It may be this case, or similar recent ones that have caused lawyers to state that r&f and not wts' reps and start to distance the corporation for the membership.

I hope there is more of these to come, and more losses for wts. Does anyone know if wts will actually have to pay out, or will their insurance cover the costs? I understand they have KH fund (insurance) which covers smaller costs but large sums would be paid out from actual insurers if I am correct.

• sir82
    sir82
    Does anyone know if wts will actually have to pay out, or will their insurance cover the costs? I understand they have KH fund (insurance) which covers smaller costs but large sums would be paid out from actual insurers if I am correct.

As I understand it, the WTS self-insures everything - medical coverage for COs & Bethelites, KH liability, etc.

Plus, I doubt there any such thing as "oops, we accidentally covered up a few thousand pedophile cases" insurance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit