Watchtower found guilty ruled to pay 7 million to 1 victim? wow

by yourmomma 361 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

This $7m judgment will eat up the money the WT made on one of their recent property sells for $6.6m. Hopefully punitive will come in at an even higher dollar amount.

This is such good news. I've forwarded to JW family and friends.

• Emma
    Emma

So sorry for the young woman but I hope this gives her some closure and compensation. And I hope it encourages others to speak up. I'm so tired of hearing people say the WTS is just a harmless though a bit odd group. They are anything but harmless!

• sir82
    sir82

The WTS will almost certaqinly appeal, won't they?

I believe this is the first time they've been ordered to pay based on a jury decision, is it not? The case from 7 or 8 years ago was settled out of court IIRC.

$7 million + punitive damages? To one plaintiff? Wow!

That will certainly catch the attention of other victims as well as attorneys who specialize in that sort of thing. This could be what starts the flood.

• cedars
    cedars

Can anyone point me in the direction of some court transcripts? Have these been released yet? I can't seem to find any on the link provided.

I would love to get to the bottom of this case, and find out exactly what went on in court.

Cedars

• wasblind
    wasblind

He might plead "Not to punish a religion for what a member did ? "

you know what that would mean,............................ Elders get ready, your about to become toast

these folks were under your watch in the KH, you might be held responsible

• sir82
    sir82
    the WT's attorney will get his chance to talk to the jury. He will most likely plead poverty.

Wait - isn't the news of the WT's sale of Brooklyn properties all over the news? At least locally in Brooklyn?

And likewise, aren't there numerous stories of their multi-million plan to build a new compound in upstate NY?

It's kind of hard to plead "poverty" when you've proudly proclaimed real estate deals & development plans in the 10's of millions.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

The link provided at freeminds and silentlambs seems to have gone dead.

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Molester, Johnathan Kendrick, has already spent one year in jail for molestation, but WT elders kept the secret that he was a confessed molester from the congregation, so he went on to molest more kids as the press release states. So here we have the results of the WT's infamous "confidentiality" policy. Kendrick has been attending a new congregation where elders knew of his past, but kept the secret! If I wasn't a big girl, I'd cry!!!!!!!!!!!

• shamus100
    shamus100

:D :D :D

We all know how this news will present to the rank and file - surely this is a sign that satan is against us.

To the rest of the 'world', people will just chalk this up as another religion that has had a sexual abuse scandal - nothing out of the ordinary. (unfortunately)

But this may wake up a few fence sitters and will CERTAINLY hurt the Watchtower - great news!!! For a (loosely used) 'religion' that put itself heads and shoulders above all others, and even had the audacity to call certified religions down because of sex scandals, they are finally getting a taste of crow and I hope that Oakland crams it down their esophagus.

SHAME ON YOU WTBTS.

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

Bee patient more info,news releases, links to released after the jury deliberates the punitive damages today

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit