Watchtower found guilty ruled to pay 7 million to 1 victim? wow

by yourmomma 361 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I think with the recent RCC debacle and the Sandusky trial, this should be a big story. If the major news outlets can't make gripping news out of this, then they are total failures.

• Diest
    Diest

Do you think Kendrick will go after the WTS? Try to claim the made him do it...this could get messy when you are talking about a man whos financial life was just ruined....He might turn on the WTS.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Who is Jonathan Kendrick? An elder who got thrown under the bus by the society? Or the actual assailant?

• Sulla
    Sulla

Shouldn't be a big deal in the local congregation. Aren't expense reports generally approved by simple voice vote at the Service meeting?

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Good to see some more court docs. Ok, so if the elder is an agent of wts, does that mean wts (employer) has to cover the costs? If not, they will let the elder take the blame for the "team". If wts would have to cover agents expenses, this would likely mean they will appeal as it would mean that wts would be liable for all elders and ms around the country. Maybe Barbara can add to this, but wasn't KH fund only limited to a certain amount and anything over the limit was covered by another insurance, it's been a long time since I've read '07 child abuse documents but this part somehow sticks in my head for some reason.

Congregation's portion being over $910,000 means they may have to sell the building to cover the expenses or take a loan from wts, but if KH is owned by wts, the congregation has nothing to offer but may declare bankruptcy and payout nothing, which may be another reason why wts is starting to take ownership of khs. Local congregation without assets cannot lose much from these lawsuits, you can't squeeze blood out of a stone.

• Quendi
    Quendi

I shared the news with a Witness friend of mine living in Colorado and his reaction to it is one I think most of us can agree with:

I eagerly wait for the day that I can blast that catchy tune from the Wizard of Oz...Ding, Dong the Witch is dead

Quendi

• sf
    sf

Do you think they will make any announcement to the Fremont congregation

If they don't, YOU CAN. Just wait til a quality youtube video is produced so that we can do it instead of waiting for others.

As I said on page 8, we no longer have to wait for others to press forward with this and all other WT related news in the future.

If the congs aren't going to announce it, we will. Simple. At least...it should be people.

sKally, who just figured out how to edit

• DT
    DT

Imagine being a local witness that has contributed a lot of money for the building and maintenance of the kingdom hall and realizing that the hall might have to be sold to pay for this lawsuit. I think there will be a lot of Witnesses upset over this.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

OMG - I have not been on this site for about 3 weeks - I come on and what do I find - Jehovah truly is a God of Justice! Because if this keeps on going this is justice.

BTW - IMHO - The WT will have a blinding flash of light - everything - will be made a conscience matter - blood, oral sex, reporting to the authorities, everything.

• Quendi
    Quendi

These are early days, I know, but I can't help wondering, my friends, if this news isn't the first flowering of that "Watchtower Spring" we've all been hoping for. Time will tell. What is important to me isn't the monetary awards to the plaintiff, but the overwhelming negative publicity this case will generate against the WTS. If this does indeed sprout, bud, and finally bear fruit then the somnolent rank-and-file may finally Awake! and leave this organization forever!

Quendi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit