The true, unsung hero of the Bible....

by Unlearn 267 Replies latest watchtower bible

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

That is Lot's wife, not Job's.

LOL! Tired eyes---I fell asleep soon after this.

Job's wife! I often think about her (not really). But she had a bunch of adult children who got wiped out. So she's getting up there in age. All these dead children in one night. And Job's 'blessing' was for his wife, while still grieving the horrific death of her children, to spend the next 20 years pregnant and aging as she pops out bunches more kids---and has to breastfeed them by the way---and everything is good!

If I were writing it from Job's wife's POV, I'd be like, "WTF? The test is positive???? AGAIN?"

Just sayin'

• elderelite
    elderelite

I would point out that the bible dosent say job's wife had more kids.... Just job. Could have a different wife or a concubine. She may have been past child bearing age.

Concider too that the writer of job takes a peak into discussions between the desert god and satan. In heaven. Really? How....? And then records them for us. And we are supposed to accept this as factual, unaltered reality. More fairy tales. I find the whole premise flawed, a man trying to put meaning to the random events in a goat herders life.

Yes i would contribute.... It would be a very interesting challange indeed, to change my own perceptions and see a story from a differen light.

• LV101
    LV101

Maybe the Jews fabricated some/most of this account -- after all women were dispicable creatures and they divorced them for a better model whenever the mood struck so a wife/mother dying was no big deal.

Personally, I know individuals who would prefer their siblings disappearance/death to grab all the inheritance. Parents (know of two cases in last couple of yrs.) who sign everything over to their children (let's say they're dying of cancer) and survive becomes a horror story trying to seize back any assets for their livelihood. The bro's attitude is normal --- of course, there are many who are not like this. Ask probate lawyers how family love works when it involves money and you won't believe what you hear. Thought it was only my deranged family.

Wish I had time to read all this --- love New Chapter's idea and, Tec, appreciate your faith.

BTW --- New Chapter, something was going on about atheism but I enjoy reading all your viewpoints and science/anthro notes.

LV101

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

He's no hero of mine.

• cantleave
    cantleave

How did I miss this thread?

Yeah Satan!!!!!!!! A much more interesting and likable character than that despotic god guy!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Yes i would contribute.... It would be a very interesting challange indeed, to change my own perceptions and see a story from a differen light.

WOO HOO! I've been thinking about this for a while---since it was writing bible stories from different POV's that actually woke me up. I soooo want to tell the story of Lot from the viewpoint of his youngest daughter. One that is the emotional story of a young vigin woman whose father offers her up to a huge crowd to be raped, then loses her home, finace, friends and mother, then is pressured into having sex with her father and bear his child who will grow up to father a tribe that will be destroyed by god. You know---something true to canon.

The other approach is just pure snark and satire. I may write them both. What fun.

NC

• sabastious
    sabastious
    He is right that both good and evil come from God though....since God created everything.

This thread consists mostly of spiritual babies who have no idea what is what and are desperately grasping the air for the answers they will never take hold of. Satan is evil incarnate and evil was not created by God. Evil is a philosophy, not a thing. God creates things and those things choose what they want to do. In the beginning there was God, the Word and the Holy Spirit. There was no evil since not enough things had been created yet for evil to come to be and God surely is not evil and good luck if you hold that stupid argument between your spiritually deaf ears. Genesis 1-2 speak of the creation of existence and then chapter three starts out with this:

Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’? ”

An incredible expanse of time is alluded to between the end of Genesis 2 and the start of Genesis 3. Genesis 3 starts out with the introduction of the Devil which he is described as cunning or crafty. So, cunning was used against God and his creation in order to take His throne. This is the beginning of EVIL. To say that the Devil is merely against the "tyrant God" is something a spiritual baby would say and is actually just being strung along their life as opposed to actually living it themselves.

There there stupid ones, maybe one day y'all realize that evil is bad and God is good. Carry on.

-Sab

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith
    He is right that both good and evil come from God though....since God created everything.

This thread consists mostly of spiritual babies who have no idea what is what and are desperately grasping the air for the answers they will never take hold of. Satan is evil incarnate and evil was not created by God. Evil is a philosophy, not a thing. God creates things and those things choose what they want to do. In the beginning there was the God, the Word and the Holy Spirit. There was no evil since not enough things had been created yet for evil to come to be and God surely is not evil and good luck if you hold that stupid argument between your spiritually deaf ears. Genesis 1-2 speak of the creation of existence and then chapter three starts out with this:

Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’? ”

An incredible expanse of time is alluded to between the end of Genesis 2 and the start of Genesis 3. Genesis 3 starts out with the introduction of the Devil which he is described as cunning or crafty. So, cunning was used against God and his creation in order to take His throne. This is the beginning of EVIL. To say that the Devil is merely against the "tryant God" is something a spiritual baby would say and is actually just being strung along their life as opposed to actually living it themselves.

There there stupid ones, maybe one day y'all realize that evil is bad and God is good. Carry on.

-Sab

What an incredibly snide, short-sighted, and abusive post. Nice job, Sab. Your ignorance speaks volumes.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

This thread consists mostly of spiritual babies who have no idea what is what and are desperately grasping the air for the answers they will never take hold of.

Atheists are so guilty of treating believers like they are stupid. Atheists are so arrogant, and their approach is so unacceptable.

NC

• cantleave
    cantleave

So, cunning was used against God and his creation in order to take His throne.

The God described in the bible -doesn't deserve a throne - except maybe an electric chair!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit