The true, unsung hero of the Bible....

by Unlearn 267 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Unlearn
    Unlearn

my undisputed hero of the Bible is known by several names, depending on who you talk to...Devil, Satan, Lucifer, etc.
    read it, and you'll find that he was the only one who REALLY stood up for you.
    he asserted that you could make decisions for yourself...and told you the very real truth that, just because the piece of meat in your chest stops thumping, you positively do not 'die'.
    he was your hero. he stood up to a daddy-maniac and said, 'just because you made us doesnt mean you have the right to tell us what to do. i thought we were FREE?'

one of the greatest cons on society, ever..in my humble opinion.
    the very one arguing for your freedoms? youve been told that he's your enemy.

that is, if you take those particular myths literally.

just my opinion...which is worth whatever you want to pay me for it (ill post my Paypal address if the spirit moves you...)

• Diest
    Diest

I have to say I agree. They phrased the story to keep us from thinking. Questioning is bad.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Freedom, it's always a fascinating subject.

A very similair point to yours is what eventually woke me up. I had the thought of everlasting life in paradise, full of meetings, and bible studies for the ressurected, and being on my knees eternally sorry for my prior sinful state, and that of my forefathers. Sounds wonderful doesn't it? Mans failed course = God's touchstone for control, and eternal dictatorship, freedom who needs it? I found it interesting that in the story that a 1/3 of the angels got bored with doing it Gods way, and decided freedom was well worth whatever the consequences. Think about how much more insight they must have had, and how bad it must have been, for them to make that decision.

• Unlearn
    Unlearn

exactly.
    they say a 'third of the angels' left heaven to be with Satan....implying that it was a substantial amount (their resoning, not mine).

if Jehovah or Yaweh or Jesus or whoever were so awe-inspiring, so full of wonder and awe...could some good-looking human tail really be all it took to make you go AWOL?

nah. i call bullshit.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

Certainly Satan/Devil/Lucifer/Azazel is the bible's hero!

If all that BS was true, I'd take the devil's side. In my heart at least b/c if all of that was true, Satan and his fellas would die by the hands of Jehovah, the dictator. I would try to life under Jehovah's laws as long as I could, but in a way or another one day I'd give a S#%t to Jehovah and die like a free man!

Ave Satan!

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing
    could some good-looking human tail really be all it took to make you go AWOL?

Hell, what's to say angels can't find the cosmos to be sexy?

• processor
    processor

Satan is a partisan, fighting the tyrant called "God" .. according to the Bible.

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Unlearn,

I urge you to read: "Satan: A Biography", Henry Ansgar Kelly, where you will find support for some of your thoughts, and probably provide you with more.

Rev 22:16; Rev 2:28 (Lucifer / Venus / Morning Star)

Doug

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

It's funny, because Satan doesn't even say much in the Bible. He is quite silent, and yet all sorts of impieties are attributed to him.

Satan is just a scapegoat used to blame all bad and wrongdoing upon him. Your fornication, adultery, thievery, etc., have nothing to do with him and everything to do with you.

I think a stupid passage is the one in which Satan attempts to tempt Jesus. Jesus is practically God, and he is supposed to fall for giving an act of worship to Satan? Don't be ridiculous.

• tec
    tec

I don't suspect he was much of a hero to Adam and Eve, after deceiving them (Eve's own words) and then leaving them to fend for themselves after they got caught. Hero's don't tend to things like that to people.

I don't suspect he was much of a hero to Job either.

Or that he will be much of a hero when he gathers people to ride out against a peaceful people within the kingdom.

He doesn't seem to like us a whole lot, nor care to try and make good things happen for us.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit