The true, unsung hero of the Bible....

by Unlearn 267 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Unlearn
    Unlearn

@tec -

then again, Doctor Doom doesn't seem like much of a hero, either.
    but then, hes not real.

• Unlearn
    Unlearn

@ tec again....

but just to play along...

- Adam and Eve -
    pretty sucky of God...an all-knowing God, to let such a wicked creature molest his other creatures...younger ones, more vulnerable in fact. seems like he called himself the protector in many passages. said he'd fight for his folks...bothering them was like 'touching his eyeball'. and yet this vile serpent-thing was allowed to molest his youngest creation...and on the down-low. Great Jehoah-Jesus needs to work on his 'radar'.

-Job-
    i know this...if someone ever tried to convince me to play a game of 'chicken', using my daughter as the 'test subject'...hell, I might blow up on him right then and there. if i was stupid enough to agree...just to 'prove a point', i certainly wouldve called the whole thing off after innocent children were killed in the scattershot. i suppose seeing my little girl covered in boils and scratching them with pottery shards would be the final straw.
    nah...old Job had someone to be angry with alright. his 'friend', who let him be toyed with on 'principle'.

Yea...Satan has good reason not to like a whole lot of us. it must royally suck to constantly implore a race of apes to AWAKE and get free and they keep choosing the side of the slave master who's always promising greener pastures ahead...
    cant blame him.

• steve2
    steve2

Christians widely believe that God will win out over Satan because God is uniquely Righteous. Mushier variants of Christianity believe that God will triumph because 'God is Love' [insert here choruses of Holy, Holy, Holy].

JWs subscribe to a variant of this misty-eyed nonsense.

Fact is, the book they thump the most - the egregiously misnamed "Holy Scriptures" - asserts in unequal measure that "God" is the most powerful being in the universe. In other words, if the Bible is to be believed (and that's a whole other yamning chasm to navigate) God will win out over Satan simply and only because He is more powerful. Righteousness and Love have absolutely nothing to do with the outcome of the showdown. On your bended knees now minions!

• d
    d

I did not think the Garden of Eden story is true, I mean come on a talking snake.How could believe people such crazyiness.

• tec
    tec

then again, Doctor Doom doesn't seem like much of a hero, either.

Um... Doctor Doom isn't a hero ;)

but just to play along...

Now, I kinda thought you might switch the focus off 'the unsung hero' and put it onto God. But whether God is good or not is a different subject.

Satan has been no friend to man.

If you want to think otherwise, then of course you can... but do not be surprised if your reward (from Satan) for defending him and denouncing God is no different than Adam and Eve's.

On your bended knees now minions!

Of course, if that is what an all powerful being wanted from us, then that is exactly where we would be.

Peace,

tammy

• processor
    processor

Satan has been no friend to man

He didn't kill anyone except the 10 children of Job (while God killed millions).

He doesn't force us to do anything for him (while God forces us to work for him 24/7)

He propagades individual freedom (while God reigns like a dictator)

He doesn't threaten anyone who does not obey him (while God does that all the time)

He didn't send famines, diseases, earthquakes etc (while God did that)

etc.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

great post Unlearn ,he certainly is the hero, and many are waking up to it, the dirty,perverted bloodthirsty pagan demon Yaweh certainly doesn't get applauded in our household.

• Flat_Accent
  • THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

I would like to say that I have long believed Satan to be a more moral character than the Vengeful, control freak Jehovah, as depicted in the Bible.

But I as I am not a believer, I can’t say.

• ranmac
    ranmac

Processor has a good point. If you compare the amount of humans that Satan kills in the Bible compared to Jehovah, its quite disturbing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit