The true, unsung hero of the Bible....

by Unlearn 267 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

My desire is that whatever explanation you have, you don't bore us to death, or insult our intelligence with pages of drivel that will make our eyes glaze over.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Quantum physicists have looked into the Torah?

They would be laughed at by people like you and Cofty and a bajillion other people. Therefore they keep their studies on the scientific communties watch and keep their beliefs to themselves. I am on my own, I realized that a while back. It has a romance to it, a lone wolf. People who are rooted in the scientific community tend to not venture into religion. Besides you guys are too busy "disproving" it anyway.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    My desire is that whatever explanation you have, you don't bore us to death, or insult our intelligence with pages of drivel that will make our eyes glaze over.

You get a 1/10 for honesty.

-Sab

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

So there are quantum physicists that have looked into this, but they keep it a secret---but you just know? That takes a lot of 'faith'.

And as to 'disproving', any quantum physicist worth his salt would be heavily into disproving also. That is the scientific method. Come up with a hypothesis, and then try to falsify it. Frankly Sab, I see you leaving out the falisifying part. You come up with all kinds of hypothesis and then publish them as fact. you are leaving out the important part, and as such, should not present any of it as scientific unless you do expect to be laughed at.

Tell me what you hypothesized, and all the ways you tried to falsify it, offer it up to others to falsify, and then we can take it seriously. Until then, it's nothing but a collection of hypthesis, untested, born of late nights and too much coffee.

NC

• sabastious
    sabastious
    So there are quantum physicists that have looked into this, but they keep it a secret---but you just know? That takes a lot of 'faith'.

This is not my conclusion, but it's worth considering. Take you for example. Lets say tomorrow God appears to you and a group of friends and validates the Torah for you and tells you that you and your friends have earned the information. He gives you the means you need to prove it, but not enough to prove it to others not present. Then he whisps away never to be seen again by you or your friends. I attest that you would have to go through a mean spirited flogging process no doubt if you didn't keep your beliefs to yourself. You might even eventually discard the experience because you can't prove it to others therefore denying reality for the sake of peer review. You might convince yourself that it was in all of your minds. This is partly why I believe Atheism is a New World Religion. What happens when God is proved? Because that day will come and when it does many atheists will not recognize it because they love being atheist and proof of God will ruin all of it.

And as to 'disproving', any quantum physicist worth his salt would be heavily into disproving also. That is the scientific method. Come up with a hypothesis, and then try to falsify it. Frankly Sab, I see you leaving out the falisifying part. You come up with all kinds of hypothesis and then publish them as fact. you are leaving out the important part, and as such, should not present any of it as scientific unless you do expect to be laughed at.

Tell me what you hypothesized, and all the ways you tried to falsify it, offer it up to others to falsify, and then we can take it seriously. Until then, it's nothing but a collection of hypthesis, untested, born of late nights and too much coffee.

That's the thing, NC, the supernatual world is not subject to disproving like the natural world is. The scientific method is not something that exposes the supernatural, only the natural. You are trying to connect an electrical wire to a pineapple and expecting something to come from it. Then when nothing happens you think it's proof of a negative when it's just the wrong approach and not proof of anything. You will eventually learn the truth. You are seeking it so strongly that God will eventually let the atheists in, but many will refuse. Make sure you aren't among them.

-Sab

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

No, I'm not wiring up pineapples. I'm going with what YOU have said---that quantum physics has proved something about the supernatural. By you own admission, science grounds itself in the natural world, therefore does not apply to the spiritual, So quit trying to apply it to the spriitual. The spiritual cannot be examined with the scientific process, therefore cannot be examined by science nor used to prove your hypothesis.

If you don't want to play by the rules of science, you don't get to use it as a defense.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

All together now - Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

Sorry I couldn't resist

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

It's okay 2T---we are weak. I've been humming it since that post.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I'm going with what YOU have said---that quantum physics has proved something about the supernatural.

That's not what I said. I said that the Torah knew about quantum physics, not the other way around. Genesis 1-2 is in line with quantum physics more so than it is with conventional physics. That's why scientists think it depicts an errant version of the creation of the earth. Because they don't know what they are reading. If the Torah didn't know about quantum physics then you could say the discovery of quantum physics disproves the Torah. Quantum physicists and conventional physicists don't really get along because their equations cannot talk to each other but they both can be empirically demonstrated to effect known reality.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    All together now - Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

Spongebob is a theist.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit