What's the JW reaction to new 16 page mags????

by diamondiiz 94 Replies latest watchtower bible

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I got a chance to speak with my very first JW about this . . . .

Basically, this person told me that she signed up for the official site of the Jehovah's Witnessses, and she listened to this week's talk on line? I didn't know that was available! (If so, what a neat way to fade...."Oh, I couldn't go to the meeting, but I listened to it on-line..."

So, I said something like, "Yeah, I hear the Watchtower is going to do more preaching by using the Internet."

There was silence. Granted, she doesn't know which way I am going to take this argument. More silence. Pregnant silence.

So, I beign a "softy" just said, "Well, you know, the Internet is a valuable tool for information. Alot of newspapers have gotten into financial problems. And, don't you read other magazines on your IPad? Just a sign of the times."

Then, the JW was relieved as I wasn't attacking anything about the WTS decision.

I didn't care. This one isn't, to me, as big as the 'overlapping generation'.

Anyway, I think the JWs with blinders on will only stick to official WTS sites. Oh, but it's just so easy to go over to www.freeminds.org.

Skeeter

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Its like Jehover shortening his Love letters to us......HE DOESN"T LOVE US ANYMORE!!!!!!

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

The last time the Watchtower was 16 pages was 1891!

Jehovah's witnesses have just been put back 121 years in terms of bragging rights.

Oz

• factfinder
    factfinder

And when the w was 16 pages the pages were a lot larger and there was all text, no color photos!

• factfinder
    factfinder

It was in 1950 that the w became a 32-page magazine and the page size became similar to what we have today.

The increase in page count was seen as a major advancement, a blessing from Jehovah.

Is he becoming stingy now?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Its like Jehover shortening his Love letters to us......HE DOESN"T LOVE US ANYMORE!!!!!!

I have a feeling that this is more or less the sentiment. . . The announcement seems to have inspired a bit of melancholy. . .

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

[Just realized I posted this on the wrong thread! Here it is again on the correct thread:]

Was just talking with wife/inlaws. . . My wife said how I had predicted this move a least a year ago. . . They joked about how I must be in tune with the GB. . . then my SIL said that I was just in tune with "how to cut costs."

So that is how it is being perceived by my family, not as the wonderous Internet helping thousands come to the truth, but as an excuse to cut costs.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

I asked my wife once why the WTO was so concerned with cutting costs. They are worth over a billion dollars aren't they? Why cut costs at the expense of lives? We are near the end right, the $$$ will be worthless soon so why not spend it? Why not have billboards, TV ads, podcasts, radio shows, etc??

(Then the arguing began...)

• mP
    mP

yes

the watchtower should be sponsoring footie teams. it only costs about ten millionto be a shirt sponsor for barca.

• Alfred
    Alfred

Skeeter... How do JWs "sign up" to hear the weekly Public Talk? Do they get a special password from an elder?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit