What's the JW reaction to new 16 page mags????

by diamondiiz 94 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sabastious
    sabastious
    These prayers need loud bells at the end of them

Lol, what about a gong?

-Sab

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome Gothicus!

• badseed
  • skeeter1
    skeeter1

If the End is coming soon, you'd think that MORE information should be given. Unless, they've been giving the same information over and over and over and over . . . . Couldn't the writing department just write a headline on rach page, with the story being all of "See Watchtower magazines dated . . . . "

• factfinder
    factfinder

Welcome Gothicus!

A few weeks ago I had mentioned the letter to a sister I know and told her they would read it after the w study after the special talk.

She said it shows how the gb are always on top of things-they know what they are doing. Saving trees, cutting down on expenses.

She had no problem with it.

I don't think jws ever THINK about anything.

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

As I wrote in another thread quite a number clapped their hands in our congo.

Moronity on its climax!

NOLAW

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Not even a mention in my household...

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Welcome, Got....

I do want to thank the people on this site who posted this letter to prepare us for this .

Billy is right though. This is not as exciting as the one about eliminating the bookstudy meeting. Do you remember that one?

It started "Well brothers, just because the times are tough, we do not expect to add you any other burdens, so we are cancelling the Weekly Bookstudy. But, not yet, wait till next September"

Can you imagine the apostles making that decision in the first century? "Hey brothers, we don't want to add any other burdens to you, and we will not be imposing this circumcision on you, ok. But, can you just put up with it, till next September? Be a good sport now and come forward, as I sharpen my flint knife."

• biometrics
    biometrics

I imagine when some go to collect their mags they'll notice, then they'll go back to the literature counter (20 mins later) and ask why the magazines are so thin. ... or maybe not?

• steve2
    steve2
    As I wrote in another thread quite a number clapped their hands in our congo.

You're dead wrong: They clapped because they thought the elder said that meetings will be reduced to 16 a year. It was only later when the gleeful clapping finally subsided that the elder gave the following clarification:

"Brothers and sisters please setle down; wipe those smiles off your faces. You heard me wrong: It's not the meetings that will be reduced to 16 a year, but the magazines that will be reduced to 16 an issue."

Following this announcement, the hall went silent. Even suckling babies were dumb-struck, refusing to tske in the milk of life. Many were seen dragging their weary feet to their frosted cars, caught between disappointment and guilt that they could have ever applauded a reduction in meetings....."Sorry Jehovah, I'm just so damn tired of all the waiting..."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit