What's the JW reaction to new 16 page mags????

by diamondiiz 94 Replies latest watchtower bible

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

If you've been to the meeting when the letter was read, what was JW reaction???? Just curious if it was just another sign that the end is nearer or did any wake up for a second to realize the corporation is downsizing due to costs.

• watson
    watson

It was real quiet.

• allelsefails
  • RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

I think there will be a lot of interesting reactions from this "big announcement" once time goes on. More will see the strangeness and the obvious fact that something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

• steve2
    steve2

You mean you actually hold the notion in your head that there'll be any reaction all all? Doesn't that require at least 2 active brain cells to rub together?

Besides, attendees have got their minds on more important thoughts and reactionsf like, "Did I correctly set the timer for CSI and Downton Abbey?" or "Two panadol are not going to touch this friggin' headache" or "Sister Jones can hardly fit into that dress. She needs to go shop at Tarpaulins Unlimited (barely suppressed snigger)" or "Their damned kids should sit still for even a minute instead of incessant fidgetting" or "That's Marlene for you. Coming in late to the meeting so all the brothers can notice her ass" or ""I hope I don't fall asleep in the middle of the prayer like I did last week. These prayers need loud bells at the end of them" or "Where's Matthew? Last time I looked in was after Micah..." or "He keeps saying "you know" every second word" ..... "Where'd I park the car or did I walk? No Michael brought me here. Phew that was close!"

As I said much more important thoughts that any revolving around a meaningful reaction to the announcement .

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

This already blew by them. Later someone may notice the mags are thinner

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

One elder who does not know that I have left said to his wife about the announcement that they are reducing the size of their literature because most are using watchtower.com online facilities.

• independenthinker
    independenthinker

my parents said it made sense to reduce costs. reaction was indifferent, i had to ask to get their thoughts, as it wasn't even brought up. speaker kept mentioning exciting times ahead"

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

Thanks to this site I knew beforehand about this special announcement...after the meeting, when the announcement was made, a group of the 'brothers' were saying how Jehovah is really speeding up things in the 'end' and moving his organization forward.

I'm really amazed at the little things they keep so secretive as if it's going to have some huge impact. Although there is one of the 'liberal' brothers who joked about the fact that he won't have as much reading to do...

Peace

Kool Jo

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

It was very quiet in my hall during the announcement. I purposefully looked around at some of the old timers, some looked dissappointed, some looked sad. Nobody else really cared. Some of the younger ones wondered if we'd be allowed to do online witnessing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit