What's the JW reaction to new 16 page mags????

by diamondiiz 94 Replies latest watchtower bible

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

talks will shift to proper use of the internet = not debating on internet forums, using wts web site as a rich resource for jws, other sites are dangerous to jws spiritual being

• Gayle
    Gayle

darthfader,,,reducing the the size of the WT magazine and changing it's name to Half Truth.

good one,,thanks.

• Room 215
    Room 215

The letter spun the change as a corollary to their increased focus on the internet and redesigned website as an outlet for dissemination of their message. They may well come to regret their shepherding the rank and file toward the worldwide web.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

It's funny how the dubs mimmick the very religions that they poke fun at. A common complaint is that church memebers of other religions, don't think for themselves. That the leaders or overseers do that for them. Well guess what, so do the dubs.

This change, which likely has more to do with the internet, than 4 sheets of paper, in my opinon, was a distraction. The internet was the devil's backyard, and now they want membership. How do u sell that, without selling yourself out? Distractions.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

If it were "the truth" and they were "God's channel", wouldn't they be making the move to 64 page magazines? If these are really the "Last Days", wouldn't there be an increase in the amount of information and instruction to prepare the sheeples for everything they need to know to prepare for the "New Order"? And is the "faithful slave" now teaching that the Internet will survive Armageddon? If they really believed what they are teaching, they would want the dubs to have all the litteratrash printed out so that the "food" would still be available after the system and it's WWW were destroyed.

But what do I know?... Oh, wait. I'm a college student in engineering and have found that with each new semester the books are mostly getting bigger and more complex. On the other hand, WT publications are getting smaller and dumbed down. WT is totally heading in the wrong direction.

• minimus
    minimus

less to read, ( AS IF ANYONE READS THEM).

• besunny
    besunny

My mother mentioned it to me this morning and stated that the Society is refining,I wanted to have a more indepth discussion with her about it but didn't want to upset her

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

The funniest line in this thread or a similar is that they are changing the name to "Half Awake."

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

biometrics:

I imagine when some go to collect their mags they'll notice, then they'll go back to the literature counter (20 mins later) and ask why the magazines are so thin. ... or maybe not?

No! Their IQ isn't so high to do 'advanced maths' (=count the pages of the magazine).

They'll go back to the literature counter (20 mins later) and ask why he gave them only half of their order.

NOLAW

• steve2
    steve2
    A common complaint is that church memebers of other religions, don't think for themselves. That the leaders or overseers do that for them. Well guess what, so do the dubs.

wha happened, you are so right: that has long been my beef with the organization. I can "take" their mistakes, their to and froing over issues and their turning of minor beliefs into major ones. But their hypocrisy over not allowing any questioning about anything from the literature and the platform strikes them as pitifully two-faced.

The blue "Truth"book (late 1960s) had a well-writen chapter entitled something like 'How Can You Identify the True Religion?" which opened with a series of well-argued statements championing the critical need for people to query what their church and ministers told them, to not just accept statements as true because they're told are true. It was one of the better written pieces of writing in Watchtower history.

What bugged me is the JWs applied this exclusively to people in other religions, not their own. They displayed the very mentality they so toughly criticized in others. An archly blatant double-standard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit