What's the JW reaction to new 16 page mags????

by diamondiiz 94 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

LOL @ steve2 just 16 meetings a year would really have them clapping

• castthefirststone
    castthefirststone

The announcement mentioned that the leaner mags will only come into existence in Jan 2013. I didn't hear anyone comment at the hall that this means that the Governing Body is not expecting the end to come before then.

Ironic, since the preceding talk asked if it’s later than you think. The GB's answer to that question is a resounding NO!!!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

The Special Talk was entitled, "Is it Later than You Think?"

And the announcement at the end of the meeting was entitled, "Is it Smaller and Less Frequent than You Think?"

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

LOL Stece2 sez,

Post 4596 of 4599
    Since 10/31/2004

As I wrote in another thread quite a number clapped their hands in our congo.

You're dead wrong: They clapped because they thought the elder said that meetings will be reduced to 16 a year. It was only later when the gleeful clapping finally subsided that the elder gave the following clarification:

"Brothers and sisters please setle down; wipe those smiles off your faces. You heard me wrong: It's not the meetings that will be reduced to 16 a year, but the magazines that will be reduced to 16 an issue."

Following this announcement, the hall went silent. Even suckling babies were dumb-struck, refusing to tske in the milk of life. Many were seen dragging their weary feet to their frosted cars, caught between disappointment and guilt that they could have ever applauded a reduction in meetings....."Sorry Jehovah, I'm just so damn tired of all the waiting..."

Don't you know that's the truth for at least half of them.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

A couple I know have been Witnesses for over 60 years didn't even mention it today.

• darthfader
    darthfader

Dear Brothers and Sisters, We are reducing the the size of the WT magazine and changing it's name to Half Truth.

• man oh man
    man oh man

most stated it was a smart move! I was thinking " I can't wait untill they start bragging about all those website hits"

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I really think alot of JWs are going to get more involved with the Internet because of this. They have seen the WTS bemoan all sorts of "new fangled" things, only to later embrace it.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Now if there would only be a way to snap up a bunch of the 'fat finger' web addresses that are close to the official jw site to send folks to this site, freeminds or jwfacts....

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

this is a good distraction for the rank and file. now the talks will shift to proper use of the internet and not just all-out demonizing of it.

I wonder though how many of the 400,000 daily hits are actually just WBTS domains logging into the sight to perform organizational processes? we all know how manipulated statistics like these are

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit