What's the JW reaction to new 16 page mags????

by diamondiiz 94 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Gayle
    Gayle

on this other thread, a recording of the talk. I didn't listen to it but just before the reading of the letter (@ 1:41.00 timing), the speaker states that there was "something completely different" regarding the info in letter.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/224262/1/Special-Day-talk-on-Youtube

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Avg JW thoughts:

"If the magazine is half the size, do I donate half as much at the counter? Oh, I shouldn't do that. The WTS must need the money."

"Is the Internet ok to use now? I am going to get social media and use it to preach. Wow, I can surf the Internet AND count my time!"

"How is the WTS going to get people to their site? Pop up ads? What about all those apostate sites? I better get familiar with, at least,what the apostate sites are saying so I can defend?"

"The field service must be a huge waste of time, and the WTS is finally realizing it. No one is ever home. No one answers if they are, and our gas prices are getting too high to go out door-to-door. I'm not going to go out in service. The Internet is the answer. I hope the WTS sends me on interested parties house calls. No more cold calling! Yeah, I hated that!"

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Not surprising to see that general witnesses simply accepted the cut backs and claimed progress. I thought there would be at least some that would wonder about the wts finances since mags are being chopped in half.

Now that wts is praising internet for their success at their web site, they will have to have more talks discouraging internet preaching because you know, apostates are everywhere and that's not what Jesus wants...

WTS is full of irony but there is no way in hell wts will ever encourage forum preaching for jws, unless their plan is to downsize people and sell more property so they can re-invest funds in better investments with less liability.

• moshe
    moshe

Well- it's not worth the gas to drop off an Awake that is made up of 4 sheets of paper- The great thing about online content, is the WT org can just choose to delete anything that turns out later to be embarassing - unless you print it out each week- who is to know that an article was later changed or even whole paragraphs have gotten deleted?

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    who is to know that an article was later changed or even whole paragraphs have gotten deleted?

The wayback machine knows all. ;D

- Lime

• steve2
    steve2
    "The field service must be a huge waste of time, and the WTS is finally realizing it. No one is ever home. No one answers if they are, and our gas prices are getting too high to go out door-to-door.

skeeter1 you're right on the money with your comments. The rank and file can now expect more kingdom ministry and platform messages along the lines of, "Brothers and sisters, despite thegrowing focus on spreading the good news via the internet, Jehovah still requires his people to place high priority on going door to door...."

Talk about incredibly mixed messages from the GB. I see paint and I see an inescapable corner. This won't cause the rank and file to question, but it will encourage them to slacken even more as the years pass....

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

It will be interesting to see when these come out next year and what they print. I think the sheeples will be rather indifferent. This isn't nearly as wonderful as when they eliminated a meeting night. Now that was exciting and worth talking about.

• Gothicus
    Gothicus

Hi guys! I've been lurking here since March and finally decided to join.

When the announcement was read in my KH, there was no response. I didn't hear anyone talk about it. I'm guessing they just went along with it as they do with almost anything. Thanks to this site, I already knew about the letter :)

• cofty
    cofty

Hi Gothicus, welcome to the forum, make yourself at home

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome Gothicus, I look forward to hearing your story.

WallsofJericho - AND if you can't go to 2 measley meetings a week instead of 3 AND if you can't aux pioneer at 50 hours per month instead of 60 AND you can't read 16 pages of Awake per month instead of the old-old 64 pages per month AND you can't read 16 pages per month of Watchtower instead of the old-old 64 per month AND you can't get to all 3 days of the District Convention instead of the old 8 days... well! You MUST be a horrible person! after all, you have it so easy!!!!

Funny how JWs keep saying how the work is speeding up, so Armageddon must be soon. This looks very much like it is slowing down.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit