What's the JW reaction to new 16 page mags????

by diamondiiz 94 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I visited when the CO made the announcement.

He said "We certainly live in exciting times. Jehovahs organisation continues to speed ahead."

HB

• factfinder
    factfinder

cutting the magazines down to 16 pages is speeding ahead?

I guess when they get reduced to 8 pages Jehovah's Organization will be moving ahead even more speedily.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

On the radio this morning, they mentioned that 1 in 5 adults in the US doesn't use the Internet. So, 20% won't have access to the "wonderful new features" on the jw website. I'd think it's more than 50% of adult JWs don't use the Internet. My parents haven't, and they already said that they aren't going to start now.

Maybe I'll send my parents some subscriptions to other magazines, since they'll have fewer Botchtower and Asleep pages to read.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

fewer Botchtower and Asleep pages to read.

Great opportunity for witnesses to read some older material, truth never gets old some would say (well maybe not jw since their truth is very liquid in form), maybe they can read studies in the scriptures, I hear those books are classic. Especially vol 3 with the in-depth study on the pyramid and vol 7 might be another gem they should read as it's posthumous work of great Pastor Russell. Who knew, that watchtower was able to publish such brilliant material and yet be so humble not to force their slaves brothers to read these true classics.

• factfinder
    factfinder

My brother was dead set against getting the internet.

I wonder if he will now?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit