Steven Unthank: What do we really know?

by SweetBabyCheezits 503 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• talesin
    talesin

In case anyone didn't 'get it',,, I am defending J_W,,, and respect his honest opinion ...

fuck, sometimes I hate the internet, and how hard it is to communicate honestly,,, I hate coming off 'differently' than how I mean it to sound.

t

• talesin
    talesin

PS... I wish I were Poopsie, and knew how to use gifs,,, I could probably soften my words!

t

• steve2
    steve2

This thread is messy, opinionated, at times uncomfortably personal and more than a little confusing.

Now, if the Watchtower were "running" this thread, it would be tidy, "authoritative", condemning of differing views and so very simple.

Thank God this site is messy, opinionated, uncomfortably personal and more than a little confusing - that's the way life often is: Things are seldom as "simple" as we may need them to be, it is not always straightforward "chasing down" the facts and, in the end, there are no 100% good guys and 100% bad guys on the other side. I know what I think about Steven Unthank - but it is just my opinion based on what information I have to hand at the present time. My opinion about him has changed a lot over the months but overall I see the issues as warranting ongoing discussion and robust challenging of assertions made by all sides. There's no emergency, even though there may be an understandable preference to get to the bottom of "this".

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

oh, and CJ,,, ummm, ,,, James_Woods doesn't need you to speak up and defend him ... he is quite capable of defending himself ... lest anyone lump the two of you together, I think it's important to make that point.

I am not defending JW.... i am commenting on your public statement on the public forum

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    You have WAY too much time. Do us all a favour and get up from your computer, go to your front door, open it and let the fresh air flood in. Take a deep breath and watch what's happening around your home. There are much bigger, better and more meaningful things for you to be doing than obsessing over a child's painting of a circle. Someone of your obvious intelligence should not be wasting time on "analyzing" kiddies paintings. Why not give "anonymous" a call and see if they can't get you a job that will be more diverting than whatever it is you're doing now?

Sorry but that is a pile of garbage. Either it matters if someone tells the truth or it doesn't. I think it matters.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

DT: When I first saw the picture of that girl, I didn't think it was the actual girl who had been abused. However, I can see how others came to that conclusion and I also began to wonder if that was the case after I thought about it some more. He made a mistake in how he described the picture. I think he realises that.

I'm with DT on this one. I think a lot of people here jumped to conclusions based on Mr. Unthank's unfortunate and imprecise choice of words. When I first saw the picture/image/drawing/whatever, I didn't think it was the ACTUAL CHILD, but meant to be evocative.

Seriously, does it even make sense that someone that's spent several years trying to fight the WTBTS for their lack of protection of victims of pedophiles would post an actual likeness of one of those victims? I for one don't think so.

OUTLAW: I needed to know that Barbara had done her homework to see if Steven was real.. He could have conned her.. She explained herself to me and I`m covinced this was the real deal.. Barbara has never lied to me or stretched the truth.. So I have no reason not to believe her.. I found Stevens behavior about the pic a little odd.. But.. We get odd here all the time..

We all know that OUTLAW will be the first to call Bullsh*t when he sees it. If the OUTLAW is good with the explanation than maybe the rest of us might want to re-think our jumping to conclusions by leaps and bounds.

It's all much ado about nothing, really!

00DAD

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I think you are smart, and respect your intellect. At the beginning, you went along with the hysteria ... then became conspicuously silent, once the accusations were proved wrong ... that leads me to believe that you SEE how ridiculous these accusations are, and are remaining (mostly) silent because you don't want to look foolish...

I think I consistently said throughout the thread that Unthank was real, and that his court case was real.

I think I also said that putting up that picture of the girl, and claiming it was really a picture of her, was a big mistake. The "explanation" of it was also a big mistake - it made it sound worse than it was in the first place. That, and the "lego blocks" thing, and the "WTBTS child sex club" thing - it all just sounded like something Rick Fearon would write.

It is obvious that Barbara Anderson is real - but I don't think she did herself any good with that post accusing everybody on JWN who questioned the picture as being her enemies or being anonymous phonies...again, that sounds exactly like what Rick Fearon has posted here numerous times before.

Which is why I said it was time both of them get themselves removed far away from Fearon. We shall see if they do - I have called on Barbara to do this before and she refused.

In case anyone didn't 'get it',,, I am defending J_W,,, and respect his honest opinion ...

Thank you. I understand.

• Johnnytwofeet
    Johnnytwofeet

It doesn't matter if we really really REALLY want to believe something is true.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Oh, and cyberjesus - I agree. While I am no expert, that certainly does not look like a young childs picture to me.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

CEDARS:

You have WAY too much time.

>>No I have the same time as you, we have posted in the same amount of time. the difference is that in the same time, instead of posting my opinions I have been doing analysis and research and I have been sharing it,,,, with those who are interested.

Do us all a favour and get up from your computer, go to your front door, open it and let the fresh air flood in.

>>OH no you speak for others here? I dont do you a favor because your statement is patronizing and insulting. Why dont you attack the research I have done instead of judging how I spent my time or the quality of the air in my house.

Take a deep breath and watch what's happening around your home.

>>Really? thats the smartest statement you can come up? How is that related with what I post.

There are much bigger, better and more meaningful things for you to be doing than obsessing over a child's painting of a circle.

>>Well you dont think that.... you have been actively posted on the same threads... those stupid scientist that are obsessed with knowing the truth... thats an excuse for ignorance.....

Someone of your obvious intelligence should not be wasting time on "analyzing" kiddies paintings. Why not give "anonymous" a call and see if they can't get you a job that will be more diverting than whatever it is you're doing now?

>>are you done telling me what to do? does it make you feel better? is that what you have to answer to the information I posted? just because it doesnt fit with what you believe?

Good lord!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit