THANK YOU Steven Unthank

by cedars 141 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Thankyou Yourmomma for bringing the balance back.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    how can we hold a member of the ex-jw community to a lesser standard of honestly than we hold the watchtower?

Hypocrital statement. How can you complain about the sensationalism of the Unthank story that you purport exists while at the same time making a blanket sensational statement like that. What a joke, dude.

The picture was VERY small and was scanned into the computer. The picture on his website is a massively blown up image. Just because there is evidence of Photoshop doesn't automatically make it a fake, that is the logic of a 3rd grader. He might have just loaded it up in there and messed with some color and brightness settings or maybe a friend did. There is no reason to state publically that is is a fabricated image. That is wild speculation and grotesque reporting.

If you really wanted to figure out whether Unthank was real or not you, and CJ, could have listened to his extremely long and and extremely enlightening interview with Richard Rawe. If you didn't have the time, or chose not to then you should be content with the information given out by people who were there.

Keep your shirts on people.

-Sab

• cedars
    cedars

yourmomma - I'm truly sorry if you find anything that I've said upsetting or offensive. In the words you quoted me as saying, there was nothing that I hadn't already said on the first page of this thread where I gave my initial reaction to the "what do we know" thread, which included expressions such as "obscene" and "this forum at its very lowest".

I am of the belief, as are others, that the inexplicable obsession with finding flaws in even the most inoccuous facets of Unthank's story (to the point of analyzing images of circles) borders on psychopathic behavior. I believe you are genuine and sincere in wanting to know "the truth", and I applaud you for this. However, it appears you are being swept along on the "Unthank is guilty until proven innocent" bandwagon when there is absolutely no reason for disbelieving any of the key elements of what transpired, namely his defence of the children in the State of Victoria through a series of court hearings. All of the tertiary issues, such as "who really painted this image?" or "is it really a preti dish?" are superfluous in the extreme, and should be of no interest to anyone who is seriously minded. However, these issues have been blown out of all proportion with gleeful enthusiasm by those who want to appear clever and who evidently want to prove their investigative credentials.

As I've said before, if you want to dismantle my logic on another thread then please do so. However, I would respectfully repeat my polite request that this thread be kept solely for those who wish to express their gratitude to Steven.

Cedars

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Cedars, with all due respect, I think you're a weirdo.

There I said it.

• cedars
    cedars

Nomad Soul - thanks for elaborating on your reasoning so comprehensively.

Cedars

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

I was going to use a more elaborate wording, but it appears you seem very emotional. So that's the best way I could put it.

• cedars
    cedars

Nomad Soul:

I was going to use a more elaborate wording, but it appears you seem very emotional. So that's the best way I could put it.

I'm not emotional at all. If anything I'm against the highly emotional reactions of those who choose to be negative for no good reason.

I'm also not particularly keen on posters like you who take cheap pot shots without having anything meaningful or intelligent to say.

Cedars

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

You're replies on the subject haven't been emotional? Oh please! Lol

Dude, you're seriously messed up in the head.

• cedars
    cedars

Nomad Soul, it took you 35 minutes to come up with that little dig? Sheesh.

And questioning the mental or emotional stability of those who disagree with you is such a cliche.

Cedars

• Witness My Fury

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit