THANK YOU Steven Unthank

by cedars 141 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cedars
    cedars

Hi everyone

ohiocowboy has just posted this information on the two other threads dealing with the sudden collapse of the Unthank cases.

I don't know Steven Unthank, but I just want to thank him from the bottom of my heart for having the courage against overwhelming odds to try and bring the Watch Tower Society to justice over their deplorable neglect when it comes to protecting children from abuse and molestation.

Steven is a man of justice and integrity who I deeply admire. His actions will never be forgotten, and I only hope he can find it within himself to continue his work in whatever avenue may become available in the future.

They have won this battle, but they can never win the war.

Cedars

Link

by Steven Unthank

February 21, 2012

Victoria, AUSTRALIA

I went to court today to defend and protect the children within the religion of Jehovah’s Witnesses. All I carried in my hand were two books, the Holy Bible and a copy of the Working with Children Act 2005. These I placed on the bar table as I took my seat before the Magistrate. There was nothing else I could do. The prosecuting of these 5 separate criminal cases and 35 individual charges had been taken off me.

I left court today after having failed to defend and protect the children within the religion of Jehovah’s Witnesses. I carried in my hand only one book.

I apologize to the children for failing to defend them and for failing to protect them. Please forgive me. I tried my best, God knows I tried my best.

Steven Unthank

former Acting Prosecutor

The above pencil drawing is an image of a young child in the Traralgon Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses that was recently raped by a fellow member of the church. Part of her rape included the insertion of Lego blocks into her vagina. This innocent child then went on to be abused yet again by the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses and the Body of Elders within the Traralgon Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses when they refused to comply with mandatory child protection laws for “religious organisations” and for “ministers of religion” as legislated in the Working with Children Act 2005.

Following the rapes and abuse the religion of Jehovah’s Witnesses turned it’s back on this child and her family, as well as the other abused children, and then actively hindered, opposed and condemned any execution of justice by aiding and shielding the lawbreakers.

The Director of Public Prosecutions, Mr John Champion SC, after extensive consultation with Police Chief Commissioner Ken Lay, declared in court today that the prosecution of those who abused this child, and other children that had also been recently raped or abused within the religion of Jehovah’s Witnesses “is not in the best public interest”. Thereupon the Director of Public Prosecutions discontinued the prosecution. The Magistrate declared in Court that he was powerless to prevent it. The police and the State refused to protect these children and to grant them equal protection of the law.

“Only persons have human rights . . . Corporations do not have human rights . . . Every person is equal before the law and is entitled to the equal protection of the law . . . Families are the fundamental group unit of society and are entitled to be protected by society and the State . . . Every child has the right, without discrimination, to such protection as is in his or her best interests and is needed by him or her by reason of being a child.” – Victorian Charter of Human Rights.

“The main purpose of this Act is to assist in protecting children from sexual or physical harm by ensuring that people who work with, or care for, them have their suitability to do so checked by a government body.” – Section 1(1) Working with Children Act 2005, Victoria, Australia.

“It is encouraging to know that child abuse is now acknowledged as a worldwide problem . . . some countries . . . are even setting up a register of known pedophiles, restricting their easy access to children. Then there are those who seek a better life for children by passing legislation to protect them . . . While we all no doubt applaud such efforts to rid society of child abuse, we must be realistic and acknowledge that child abuse has very deep roots in human society. It would be naive to think that a simple solution such as legislation will provide complete protection for our children. Many laws have already been passed, and yet the problem persists. It is really an indictment of the world’s delinquent adults that the natural right to childhood has to be protected by a vast array of laws. Laws are not the ultimate protection for children . . . governments, pushed to the limits by economic constraints, are not doing enough to stop the exploitation of their children . . . Think of the heartbreak of parents who have discovered, too late, that their children have been abused by trusted clergymen, teachers, or even close family members. It would be good for you as a parent to ask yourself, ‘Does my church tolerate or cover up child abuse? Is my religion holding firmly to high moral principles?’ Answers to such questions could help you to make wise choices in protecting your children.” - Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses, Awake! magazine, April 8, 1999.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Words fail me. Appalled and completely gutted.

THANK YOU STEVE.

Paula. x

• Alfred
    Alfred

Steven... I can't even begin to imagine how you must feel right now... but please know that we are very proud of you and what you've accomplished so far... somehow, I don't think this is the end of this case... In fact, I believe it is now ripe enough to be exposed on the world stage...

• man oh man
    man oh man

Thank you!!!! Hold your head high friend.

• cedars
    cedars

bump

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

May I add my thanks to Steven for his efforts, he did a splendid job, tenaciously sticking to the case and seeing it through as far as he possibly could.

I am sure he has the admiration of thousands around the world for what he has achieved.

It is my hope we can build on his hard work and maybe give this matter more impetus, I await more info before jumping any guns, but I feel we have a short window of time if this really is the end of the road legally, to get the media on board.

Once again, THANK YOU, STEVEN UNTHANK.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Thank you, Steven. Do not give up!

• james_woods
    james_woods

While we may be discouraged by the latest news,

Isn't it also true that the witnesses backed down and had their elders register as people working with children as per the Australian law?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good job Steven..

You did everything a person could possibly do for those children..

How does the WBT$ crush something this big?

The WBT$ has more power and money than I imagined..

You were crushed at the highest level..Then it was swept under the rug..

There is more to this than just WBT$ leaders and WBT$ lawyers..

There is someone or something,much bigger in the back round..

We just got a brief glimpse of it..

..................;-)...OUTLAW

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

im just stunned that at the very least the watchtower wasent fined and forced to comply completly with the law. what a horrible precedent this sets, and other corperations now have no reason to comply with the law since its clear they do not enforce it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit