THANK YOU Steven Unthank

by cedars 141 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

james_woods asked,

Isn't it also true that the witnesses backed down and had their elders register as people working with children as per the Australian law?

You are right about that. As I recall from a previous court update, when the judge asked Watchtower's attorney why they hadn't complied, she replied that "It's all been sorted out now."

Just prior to that court appearance a letter was sent to congregations telling elders to comply with the WWC Act.

In this respect Steven Unthank achieved a great victory, because without his efforts Watchtower would still be in non-compliance.

• mind blown
    mind blown

Thank You Steven for all your efforts

Yours is the First Silver Bullet under the darkened moon. A new day has risen

• cedars
    cedars

For much of the last 24 hours I've been pre-occupied with all things not JW-related (including catching up on some sleep). I've just spent the best part of an hour reading through the 13 pages of the "what do we know" thread, and I have to say it wasn't a pleasant experience. It was pretty much like walking through the unlocked door of a bathroom unaware that a friend of yours is in there taking a turd. It was obscene and wholly unexpected. I feel like I have now seen this forum at its very lowest.

I won't go into all the allegations and criticism in minute detail, because much of it isn't worth repeating. I personally have no reason to doubt that Steven Unthank is a real person, who bravely took on the might of the Watch Tower Society, albeit without the desired outcome. Did he commit some errors of judgment? Yes. Who doesn't?! And he's admitted to that. I also note that he apologised about the way the image of the child was used. I personally found the graphic information that was presented along with the image distasteful, but that doesn't lessen in any way the importance of the work Steven has done and the bravery he has shown. Just because the guy (like many of us) is still in the post-cult healing process, and may not be able to express himself in the way that many of us would prefer, that doesn't in any way diminish the fact that he has conscientiously stood up for the children in the state of Victoria and tried his very best to protect them from an evil cult.

Many of us are still hurting from our experiences in the "Borg", and I fear that sometimes we take our anger out on eachother - myself included. What I find inexcusable is the willingness with which some people on this forum will "kick a man when he's down", moments after a genuine attempt at prosecuting the Society has failed. There is also the tendency for posters to be held as "guilty until proven innocent". I'm sure it goes without saying that certain "personalities" on this forum have been proven to fabricate the truth, yet one in particular refuses to apologise for it. Steven, on the other hand, when it came to light that the picture had been posted in a misleading way (and even in the face of cruel and overwhelming abuse) apologized unreservedly for any offence that was caused. This must have taken great courage, and I commend and applaud him for doing this. I would urge everyone to get off his case at what must be a very difficult time for him. I myself know what it's like to go to a legal court and end up on the losing side, and the feeling of humiliation is indescribable. I can well imagine how dejected Steven must feel given how much he has invested in this case, both financially and emotionally. And yet, all of you expect him to be completely "Spock-like" and void of emotion in delivering the details. If I were in his shoes, likely I would be just as emotional and scathing of my opponents as he is. We are all only human after all.

I don't really have much to add, and I have probably said too much already. I'm bracing myself for the backlash. I just want to re-emphasize my sincere thanks to Mr Unthank for his excellent work and dedication to the cause. I continue to support him whole-heartedly, and I will continue to do whatever I can with my own limited circumstances to hasten the downfall of the organization, although having read the previously-mentioned thread, it is sobering to think that the hindrances to any action taken against the Society may be much closer to home than I would like.

Cedars

• Johnnytwofeet
    Johnnytwofeet

That's a really long way of saying the ends justify the means. I don't accept that and I'm sure there are plenty others that don't either. Take your place on the wall of shame Unthank.

• Alfred
    Alfred

Johnnytwofeet... Can I suggest that you try not to speak for others on this forum... speak for yourself all day long if you like...

I agree with Cedars 100%...

• Johnnytwofeet
    Johnnytwofeet

Can I suggest that you look up the proper usage of ellipses?

• Alfred
    Alfred

exactly... speak for yourself... now you're getting the hang of it...

• Johnnytwofeet
    Johnnytwofeet

Alfred, read this slowly so that you don't get confused. I spoke for myself when I rejected the apologist pablum being trotted out by supporters of Unthank. I gave my opinion when I said there were others that also rejected these excuses because (here it comes read this slow) others already rejected the excuses in other threads!

You're welcome ( you may resume your normal speed of reading now )

• Alfred
    Alfred

Read this slowly.... get laid.... that's just two words so you should be done by now... but I'll give you a few more minutes if you need it...

• Johnnytwofeet
    Johnnytwofeet

LOL. I accept your complete and unreserved retreat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit