THANK YOU Steven Unthank

by cedars 141 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

JW: I know..

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

im down with that cedars, providing your read on steven is correct, and i have no reason right now to doubt that. hopefully nothing else comes to light that puts gasoline on the fire.

• cedars
    cedars

bump

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Thank you for trying Steven.

Chris

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Locked yet?.... not yet... good

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

I haven't read all there was said regarding Steven. Personally I find few things odd, and the latest I've noticed is the sun picture which I don't know of a 4 year old being able to draw that, I don't even know if many 10 year olds could draw that complex of a pic. Also, a question that maybe someone can answer is, the child that was supposedly raped couple years back, has the police been informed about this perpetrator if not why not?

Also, is there anyone that has actually gone to any of these hearings and heard what was being said regarding the cases and who all was present there? Just wondering if there were any physical eye witnesses to any of this.

I might have missed a lot of information throughout the many pages written on this subject so many someone can enlighten me on this while I'll cautiously stand back and see where this whole thing leads to.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Thank you cedars for starting this thread,this was a tremendous project for steven to undertake on his own accord,do i want to analyze his motives or agenda for doing so?No I dont I dont care ,he spoke up for the children not only in the tralagon congregation but for all witness children in the state of victoria,I find it hard to comprehend the criticism of the man who has put so much of his time and effort to stand up to the WTB&TS in behalf of these children in a court of law at mainly his own expense,sure he`s made mistakes who hasn`t, these bloody attacks on his person are so unwarranted.Are their questions about his methods in this case sure and some are valid ,yet when they are answered it still doesn`t satisfy these people and they just keep on stirring.I am one who has met steven at the hearing ,I went to the court hearing on the 8/11/2011,he`s real the court case was real,the societys lawyer was their, she`s real,the society got off scott free thats real. KUDOS to Steven Unthank & Barbara Anderson

and thank you cedars

smiddy

• cedars
    cedars

cyberjesus

Locked yet?.... not yet... good

No, this thread is for commending the work of Steven Unthank, or at least I would appreciate if it could be respected as such.

diamondiiz

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/child-abuse/222099/1/Steven-Unthank-What-do-we-really-know

The above thread, which is now locked, contains much of the unbridled speculation and cynicism pertaining to the minutae of the events surrounding the case and its closure. If you want to brief yourself on what's been said these past couple of days, then this would be a good reference point. However, you'll need a strong stomach, because (as I've said previously on this thread) it contains the ramblings of posters who have dragged this forum to its lowest depths since I've been posting here.

I'm trying to keep this thread clear for those who, like smiddy, wish to express their thanks to Steven. It's well known that he occasionally checks in on this forum even if he doesn't post, so hopefully some of these heartfelt expressions of gratitude will bolster him at this difficult time. I'm not repressing free speech in making this polite request, because there are other threads on this forum that you can start or contribute to if you feel inclined to investigate what went on from a critical perspective.

Cedars

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Thank you for starting this thread Cedars!

Mr. Unthank, I am sorry that things didn't work out in the lawsuit the way that you or we had hoped, but you deserve special accolades for all that you have done! Looking back, the time that you have spent in this case trying to protect children has been very significant, and the fact that you involved yourself to the level that you did shows how much you truly do care for others.

In regards to the picture, I understand that when a person puts so much work and time into something, mistakes can happen and exaggerations may be unintentionally told, especially when there are a lot of emotions involved. I appreciate that you were quickly willing to apologize for the error.

Personally, I feel that an apology needs to be made to you. There were some people who did not take all of the good work that you have done into consideration, and instead chose to focus on one incorrect or misunderstood thing. I don't know why it happens, and I am sorry that it happened to you, especially at a time when you are probably worn out from all that you have had to deal with while giving interviews, doing tons of paperwork, blogging and going to court.

Dealing with all that you have over this court case, you appear to be a very strong willed person, so I am hopeful that the few who have chosen to not give you the credit that you deserve will not keep you from continuing to do your part in showing the WTBTS for what it truly is. There are a lot more people here that are for you than there are who may be against you. Again, I am sorry that some of the vocal ones who have nothing better to do have caused such a ruckus over the past couple of days.

If every person here (especially the complainers) did just a fraction of what you and others such as Barb, Randy, Rick, Jim Penton, etc. have done and continue to do, the SS Watchtower would be sinking quicker than the Titanic did.

Thank you again for all of your hard work. It really is appreciated!

• shepherd
    shepherd

Ceders this is a discussion forum. You don't get to decide what people can write. I have also painfuly discovered how you and some others are able to bully anyone that disagrees with you and swear to your heart's content and the mods take a back seat and ignore it.

Unthank did a good job getting the JWs to comply with the law.

I hope that is clear enough for some of the morons who bite every time I post. However, I also think the guy was dishonest in his methods of publicity, and he brought all the criticism on himself. I also hope that is clearly expressed too.

For those that don't like me to post at all on this subject, piss off. Apparently that is something allowed to be said here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit