THANK YOU Steven Unthank

by cedars 141 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cedars
    cedars

cyberjesus - when you've just lost an emotionally and financially draining battle that has dragged on for months, and you know that children will continue to be in danger who would otherwise be safe if you had succeeded, I challenge you to present your thoughts and ideas with absolute precision and transparency. In making my post earlier, I made no attempt to suggest that everything Steven has said or done has been perfect, and he would be the first to admit the same. This is one of the many reasons why people with endless financial resources at their disposal hire lawyers. However, Steven made the brave decision to go it alone and present his case without legal counsel, and he has failed in so doing. At a time when posters on this forum should be patting him on the back and commiserating with him, they have picked at the bones of his story and tried to find any "dirt" they can with which to discredit him under the mantra " he must be a fraud until we can prove that he isn't". It is this fiercely negative attitude that I condemn rather than any genuine questions that are raised about Steven with genuine motives, any of which could be directed to him rather than being speculatively peddled on overtly critical threads at what is, after all, an extremely emotional time for him.

Cedars

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

james_woods said,

Unthank made a serious mistake with the picture (and the explanation he gave did not make any sense) - but we have to remember the above:

Specifically: That the Watchtower had to back down and make their elders comply with the WWC. That was a victory.

Those are my feelings exactly James. The photo and the caption were unfortunate because they were misleading (I can sort of see his explanation althought it's weak), but the fact that he apologised for it very quickly makes it a non-issue to me. However you look at the photo, it is small potatoes compared to the hard work he invested and the success he had at bringing Watchtower to court on criminal charges.

The fact that Watchtower was made to comply with the WWC Act, when they initially said the law didn't apply to them, is a BIG win.

Again, I have the highest respect for Steven Unthank and Barbara Anderson, and Cedars' post is greatly appreciated.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Me too, I was shocked by the picture (I thought it was one of the children). At the end of the day it's them that need protecting and it seems that Mr. Unthank has put a lot of time, money and emotional energy into something that 99% of us wouldn't have the bottle to do.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

What's the point of apologising if you are not prepared to be straight with people?

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

when you've just lost an emotionally and financially draining battle that has dragged on for months, and you know that children will continue to be in danger who would otherwise be safe if you had succeeded, I challenge you to present your thoughts and ideas with absolute precision and transparency

NO, this my dear cedars is a fallacious statement. There is no need to lie specially when you are not supposed to lie or you are handling a CRIMINAL CASE. Why would I be caught in a lie when I just went to court today to defend justice. And that... makes no sense. This is not about winning or losing an amazing case. this is not about the case being real or not.

Its about stupid mistakes that you dont expect from someone handling a case as difficult as the one presented... that is.... unlesss.... there are other things that are not truthfull

And that is what genereted the sparks here.

The picture is no small error of judgment. is a big errror...... I have a daughter.. and I wouldnt want to have my daughter's pic on a website with a statement that a lego toy was inserted in her vagina.... and what makes it worth from someone who is defending the rights of children... well you just violated the rights of one.

And instead of apologizing for the misleading information... you come up with another excuse from a different issue "an issue of wording" to divert the attention from the real issue.. and it worked because most people accepted the apology.

You can form your opinion.... any one can... but you can not deny the facts.

• Johnnytwofeet
    Johnnytwofeet

B ut you CAN deny the facts cyberjesus! If someone is "hard-working" and "fighting the fine fight" and "doing somethign noone else has the bottle to do" (whatever the hell that means" and all sorts of other sympathetic apologist arguments. Where else can such ridiculous, laughable excuses actually work than a website full of ex-cult members that believed that God was going to ride to earth on his magical panda to destroy the evil-doers?

• cedars
    cedars

slimboyfat and cyberjesus - say what you will, but in my book he made mistakes and apologized. If his apology wasn't suitably worded for you, then that's your problem. If you want to drag this on, then by all means copy and paste what I've said onto the "he's guilty until proven innocent" thread and pick apart my logic on there. Otherwise, I'd appreciate it if you could leave this thread for those who are appreciative of Steven's brave work.

Johnnytwofeet - I'm never going to discuss anything with you because you're a pathetic attention whore - so get out of my face and bugger off.

Cedars

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

yeah good point.. I think I should go open the door and inhale some fresh air uh?.... after all that wasnt a bad suggestion.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

To be fair, I would've confused a drawing of a sun with a drawing of a little girl crying.

• Johnnytwofeet
    Johnnytwofeet

Oh no. Cedars personally attacked me :(

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit