I believe God

by N.drew 228 Replies latest watchtower bible

• N.drew
    N.drew

I like this one!

His rant about throwing people into eternal fires with maggots etc?

• N.drew
    N.drew

Sir we know no facts (about heavenly things) Every mentally healthy person can not look at everything from an unbiased point of view. It is impossible. So the question will always exist "what is real?". "Are we real?" "Is the unuverse real or imagined?" Why do you insist that to believe there must be facts? Is agape love better if you can settle on evidence? Why?

Does a surgeon operate on a person to separate his parts or to heal him?

The world needs healing. Every decent person knows that. Must you tear the very heaven apart before you are convinced that there should be therefore there is a greater power standing by to lead to a healed Earth? Please tell us, Why? Can you pretend there is? What harm would pretending do?

• cofty
    cofty
    Why do you insist that to believe there must be facts? - Why do you insist that to believe there must be facts? - Why do you insist that to believe there must be facts?

I thought it needed repeating.

Its an open goal for somebody but I must say goodnight.

• N.drew
    N.drew

haha!

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Ok, back to the drawing board. N., are you currently on medication?

• N.drew
    N.drew

Please B what is your purpose? Why do you go about insulting people? Have I insulted you? Please tell me how I have insulted you.

An insult plain and simple without any purpose just makes you look stupid, and some what demonic. If there were demons I imagine they would be like you.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    Can you possible believe that LOVE and POWER are connected to intelligence?

Yea, I could. However, love and intelligence haven't always been necessarily congruent in my experience...

If you can not, then you should probably admit you do not have what it takes to argue Christainity. OK?

Ok

Love is ONE thing. That is what I believe. Any writer of prose, and verse can reflect love. And they have, especially in the Hebrew and Greek scriptures.

Exclusively?

The Messiah is the superior model of love toward power for righteousness and oneness.

You've tried others?

Conclusion for what it is worth; The Bible is not needed to know that God is love, and to know that love must have a destination (peace), but it sure does help. If you do not understand the Bible can help, then you do not understand Agape.

Can you take it s step further and say the bible is not needed to know love, period?

What does agape mean exactly?

The brains on forum say if we don't know what we are talking about (evolution for one), then go learn it.

Sound advice

So go! Learn what it means "But go you and learn what that means, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners" Matthew 9:13

Pls explain in your own words how this relates to the previous statement.

Love can not be destroyed.

I like the idea and as an ideal it's the ultimate, no doubt. Kinda like kryptonite. But how do you know it's anything more than a human feeling?

You can imagine, if you are able, that there would be many who would hate and fear "oneness", even if it meant cutting off love. When evil (a hating of love's origin) becomes too much it causes discouragment, even death in believers. The Holy Spirit, the written word and each believer can help prevent loss.

I don't have to imagine it at all; I've seen it. I have no doubt of the concept of evil (and conversely, love) and the presence of both in the world. Holy spirit doesn't help all believers and sometimes the less than righteous live instead. Care to rationilize this?

How can an unbeliever help anyone to be encouraged in love if God IS love?

In other words, if you don't believe in christ you don't have love?

So are you saying that I am selfish to believe God is Love? Does that seem right to you? If you were to be commissioned to develope the best supreme power over all, what would you make Twitch?

I never said you were selfish. Your second question is irrelevant being dependant on the first. And I'd make me the supreme power over all, naturally.

• N.drew
    N.drew

I'm jealous how you get all those words neatly in those boxes.

You seem to be at least average intelligence. Why do you need to ask a question when the answer is there?

You say Love is ONE thing. That is what I believe. Any writer of prose, and verse can reflect love. And they have, especially in the Hebrew and Greek scriptures.

Exclusively? (Twitches question) but I said Any writer of prose, and verse can reflect love and especially.... so please forgive my ignorance why the question Exclusively?

Does the question Exclusively? mean do I believe that only love is written in the Bible and nowhere else? I don't want to talk to you any more because I don't understand you.

• N.drew
    N.drew

You've tried others?

Do you want to know how many men I've slept with?

• N.drew
    N.drew
    Can you take it s step further and say the bible is not needed to know love, period?

The Bible is to know the person of love. So no, to love one's neigbor as one's self, I think imo the bible is not needed for that. But I already posted why I think the Bible is a good thing. I think you do not listen.

Nobody know exactly what agape love is except probably the son of God. Simply put I believe it is love that never fails.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit