I believe God

by N.drew 228 Replies latest watchtower bible

• N.drew
    N.drew

Someone said atheists are a minority. I think that is incorrect.

Salvation belongs to YHWH. "Let your will be done". Isn't anyone who is against the will of God an atheist? What difference is there between someone who believes there is no god and someone who believes there is a god, but is not led by God and does not learn by God?

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    What difference is there between someone who believes there is no god

Enlightened

and someone who believes there is a god, but is not led by God and does not learn by God?

Hypocrite

• N.drew
    N.drew

Enlightenment should lead to a better world. So really we who believe in God are being selfish because we refuse to be enlightened.

I trust God knows the way to a better life for the world and I trust God knows all danger ahead and how believers might avoid it.

Can atheists do that?

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    I trust God knows the way to a better life for the world and I trust God knows all danger ahead and how believers might avoid it.
    Can atheists do that?

Can atheists do what? Trust god knows the way to a better life for the world and trust god knows all danger ahead and how believers might avoid it?

Ummmmm no, we don't believe in the existence of god.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Sometimes I do not know if a poster is playing stupid or.....

If most people were "enlightened" would that not lead to peace, love, justice for all? So lead us to it. If you reject the leader, then lead. Please.

• Berengaria
  • sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

The Leader is a myth. You don't need anyone to lead you nor do you need to lead. You may "want" to be lead or "want" to lead someone but I don't feel that humans really need either.

• N.drew
    N.drew

We need to be cognitive of major choices and how they will effect the future. For instance how does world allow terrible wicked leaders to hold power? World should not allow some people to rule over others. Why is it allowed? God knows how to prevent it. But it takes following the wisdom of God to avoid it.

Can atheists do that?

Please do not say that thus religion has failed. It has failed because they teach trust in themselves and not Christ. They are wolves in sheeps clothing. Not as bad as some leaders, but don't they allow it?

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Salvation belongs to YHWH. "Let your will be done". Isn't anyone who is against the will of God an atheist?

Hi N.Drew,

Strictly speaking, no, if someone beleives in God and chooses not to do God's will, that person isn't an atheist.

So what is the will of God? And why are there so many different versions?

(and just for clarity, I'm a Deist, not an atheist)

Retro

• N.drew
    N.drew

There are so many different versions because people are selfish.

The will of God is to listen to, thus learn from, his son. Accepting the son is accepting the Father. What is you opinion Retro, on why Christ is called "the son of man"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit