I believe God

by N.drew 228 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Twitch
    Twitch
    Hi! Twitch! OK. Where to begin?? First of all I have not shared my philisophical outlook about the Bible.

You seem to quote the bible often in support of your beliefs so it seems a safe bet you believe what it says is divinely inspired, no?

But I could discern from the way you asked that wonderful question that you wished I would answer from the BIBLE (that was the hole I saw). I didn't answer from the Bible because I don't like holes. Go back and read it.

Sorry, but I've asked you a number of questions; to which are you referring exactly?

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing said this.
    Ok, so you believe in God (particularly YWHW) and Jesus Christ. Well, besides the infallible Holy Spirit you keep mentioning that guides you, where else do you learn from about these individuals? Mostly the Bible. But, you now go a step further and say the whole Bible ain't the real deal. So now your picking what seems right, you are making the Bible your sock puppet, as Cofty stated in another thread.
    This is critizism that is directed at Tammy. Now they think I'm you. I have not shared my opinion on the bible. On any thread, unless I did but I forget. I think I have not and will not.

Nope. You've quoted scripture, as Twitch pointed out. You like to leave the bad tid-bits out, like the genocides, etc. You haven't really shared your opinion on the bible, word for word, but you've made it patent you believe in YHWH and you like to cite from the NT.

Whether Cofty referred to Tammy on the other thread is irrelevant. This cherry-picking of the bible to support your unique theological model is not so unique. A lot of people do it.

• N.drew
    N.drew

This question Twitch asked tends to make me answer with Bible wisdom

This is true. Do you think it's possible that someone of another belief seeks and finds the same things in their faith that you do in yours?
  • cofty
    cofty

Tec - you pick and choose from the bible at will. You refer to texts as if anybody should actually accept that Jesus really did or said anything it claims he did. But when others point out texts that contradict your claims you have a ready collection of excuses why the bible shouldn't be trusted. Its like playing tennis without a net.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    This question Twitch asked tends to make me answer with Bible wisdom

This is true. Do you think it's possible that someone of another belief seeks and finds the same things in their faith that you do in yours?

Try to think outside the hole, er, box, if you will ;)

And no, I don't wish for an answer from the bible per se, as you seem to think but quote it if you feel it is right and answers the question to your satisfaction.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Can you possible believe that LOVE and POWER are connected to intelligence? If you can not, then you should probably admit you do not have what it takes to argue Christainity. OK?

Love is ONE thing. That is what I believe. Any writer of prose, and verse can reflect love. And they have, especially in the Hebrew and Greek scriptures.

The Messiah is the superior model of love toward power for righteousness and oneness.

So even though someone can understand that God is LOVE, and that love demands he show mercy for his fellow human, he might not have learned that from any words at all, the Bible included. BUT Christ IS the best one, so always exists IN the ONENESS, so everyone who finds RIGHTEOUNESS will also find The Christ.

Conclusion for what it is worth; The Bible is not needed to know that God is love, and to know that love must have a destination (peace), but it sure does help. If you do not understand the Bible can help, then you do not understand Agape.

The brains on forum say if we don't know what we are talking about (evolution for one), then go learn it. So go! Learn what it means " But go you and learn what that means, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners" Matthew 9:13

What I think that means is agape love was being squashed because God was being blasphemed, so Jaheshua (The son of Joseph and Mary) came to encourage us. Love can not be destroyed. You can imagine, if you are able, that there would be many who would hate and fear "oneness", even if it meant cutting off love. When evil (a hating of love's origin) becomes too much it causes discouragment, even death in believers. The Holy Spirit, the written word and each believer can help prevent loss.

How can an unbeliever help anyone to be encouraged in love if God IS love?

So are you saying that I am selfish to believe God is Love? Does that seem right to you? If you were to be commissioned to develope the best supreme power over all, what would you make Twitch?

• cofty
    cofty

The Messiah is the superior model of love toward power for righteousness and oneness.

How do you know this? Where did you learn about this messiah and his loving example? In what book did you read it and do you have confidence this book can be trusted as reliable?

Learn what it means " But go you and learn what that means, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners" Matthew 9:13

Who wrote those words down, was it really Matthew the illiterate fisherman? Are they really the actual words of Jahoosua? How do you know? Is the gospel of Matthew reliable? What about when it contradicts the gospels of Mark and Luke?

• Twitch
    Twitch

Gotta run; got some league 8 ball tonite. Be back l8tr

• N.drew
    N.drew

So even though someone can understand that God is LOVE, and that love demands he show mercy for his fellow human, he might not have learned that from any words at all, the Bible included.

• N.drew
    N.drew

So even though someone can understand that God is LOVE, and that love demands he show mercy for his fellow human, he might not have learned that from any words at all, the Bible included.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit