Applying Math, Physics, Archeology to THE STORY OF NOAH

by Terry 464 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

LOL there are a lot of illusions going on around here, breakkie...

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

So true. . .

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

3,324 page views, Terry would be proud :)

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Evidence for the flood

http://www.earthage.org/EarthOldorYoung/scientific_evidence_for_a_worldwide_flood.htm

I'm not going to post the whole article here. Have a look and decide for yourself.

I have to ask why are we so hell bent on proving our point? Perhaps it's because those who believe see it as a pivotal moment in human history rather than just another disaster.

The scriptures make many references to the flood, it's not all Genesis.

You all saw what happened at Fukushima - the tsunami destroyed everything in its wake. How much more so with a flood. What evidence would you expect to find. Undwerwater cities?

http://www.squidoo.com/ancientcivilizations

Underwater Structures Show Strong Evidence Of A Past Civilization On A Global Scale

The strangest of all underwater finds concerns the monuments of Yonaguni Jima discovered off the coast of Japan(pic on left is called "the turtle")...which were hotly debated at one time but more and more evidence has been accumulating suggesting that the structures are actually man made(cut right into the bedrock like many other structures found).

Most alternative archeological researchers seem to believe that there was a technologically advanced civilization who built their structures in stone that existed at the end of the last ice age, when the sea levels were over a hundred feet lower than today. Since the biggest cities are always built on the coast, the place to look for ancient cities would be the levels at which the ocean used to be at before all the ice melted(approx 9500 BC).

However, even without taking such extreme dating ideas seriously we can see that there are definitely underwater ruins strewn all over the planet. Since the ocean levels are thought to have gone up and done with mini ice ages, it may be that we had civilization earlier than we thought%u2026just not as early as some like to believe.

http://www.morien-institute.org/imk4.html

The controversy that has erupted in archæological circles around the world since the discovery of an enigmatic
    structure, described by some as 'pyramid-like', at Iseki Point, just off the coast of the southernmost
    Japanese island of Yonaguni-Jima, some 15 years ago, looks set to get even hotter as news
    emerges that the so-called 'Yonaguni Monument' is just one of a number of
    underwater megalithic structures in a 'complex' stretching for
    many hundreds of miles northeast of Taiwan.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

So there were civilizations of people in Japan at the time of the flood, huh? Did Noah make it all the way out there to warn them, or was there some kind of carrier pigeon used to relay the message of the god who just wasn't gonna put up with their crap anymore?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    What have "they" stopped putting into print? I would say that it is your conclusion here that is "retarded." Everything about the global deluge is based on the Bible, even if there is no scientific support for the water canopy that existed in that antediluvian world. There is, however, evidence of the global deluge, but the OP didn't ask about the existence of such.

Eggbert I hate to say it, but it's good to see you!

In this thread I have had conversations involving the hypothesis that the Great Flood of the Bible is a retelling of a previous story with possible additions/changes. There are many literary reasons for this conclusion. There are also philisophical, historical, contextual and mathematical reasons. My post on page 3 (6880) shows that removing the means of the global catastrophe from the story entirely doesn't necessarily effect the overall theme of the story which is YHWH cleansing both the spirit and fleshly realm by means of apocalypse. I mean no disrepsect, as I admit I have in the past, but your insistence on the flood narrative seems to misdirect from what I believe was the story's original purpose.

As for the argument that Jesus mentioned the flood he featured the ancient population's attitudes rather than type of catastrophe that befell them. Jesus knew he only had a very short amount of time to get a controversial message to as many people as possible. When you show the kind of disregard Jesus was showing to the religious leaders of the time, death was not far off. I argue that because of this urgency Jesus felt it a waste of valuable time to challenge long held beliefs like an apocalyptic flood that may have actually happened longer ago than previous thought and maybe didn't completely fill the entire earth. To hold this belief threatens Biblical inerrancy which from what I have read of you, you hold dear to your heart. I believe it's a shackle that many on this forum have removed from their ankles. It's unnerving for me to see them still on yours. I respect your mind, Eggy, but your use of it I question.

-Sab

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

ha ha,

I think two of Noah's carrier pigeons probably died before the third one came back with an olive leaf.

These structures aren't just near Japan, I have seen other pictures of underwater structures, these were just examples. I don't think the Earth then looked as it did now, but that's just my opinion.

• shamus100
    shamus100

People break the laws of physics everytime, defying gravity is done on a daily basis, from aircraft to spaceships.

Huh? Aircraft defies the law of physics? Spaceships?

You are not a stupid person - think about what you just typed out.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Fuck math and physics! I like Noah!

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I don't think the Earth then looked as it did now

The Earth is always in a state of change - Hawaii doesn't look now the way it did a few thousand years ago. Wanna know why? Volcanic activity is expanding the land surface. And after Krakatoa's spectacular explosion in 1883 the island pretty much disappeared up so that place really doesn't look the way it did before. Another volcanic event in the Greek Islands made Santorini look the way it does now - sure didn't look that way before. And speaking of which, guess what the Ancient Greeks thought caused that massive explosion?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit