Applying Math, Physics, Archeology to THE STORY OF NOAH

by Terry 464 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• elderelite
    elderelite

I have to agree with terry.... I believed... And now its a plam on the face

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Imagine the damage 363 inches of pounding down rain per hour ....

Hmmm, that's why they called it a deluge, not just some infantile rain

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Terry,

Did you ever consider that flooding the earth was done for more than one reason?

God forced the fallen angels to return to the Spirit Realm by flooding the Earth. The flood served as a dual purpose because it was also a judgment for those living on the planet. The angels that committed themselves to flesh and blood were connected to a virtual death with them unless they dissolved the human vessel and severed their chords. If God had chosen not to permit a searing of the chord when they dematerialized they would have been spent energy. Once the fallen angels had dissolved their fleshly containers and were back in the Spirit Realm, they were stripped of the power to materialize again in the fashion they had once possessed.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Once the fallen angels had dissolved their fleshly containers and were back in the Spirit Realm, they were stripped of the power to materialize again in the fashion they had once possessed.

..and an omnipotent God coudn't strip them of said powers, or just yank them back to heaven without nuking everything around, because of...?

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Yan, I get your point, but God's thoughts are higher than our thoughts.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

But animals are so innocent!

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Yan, I get your point, but God's thoughts are higher than our thoughts.

I don't know....if we, with our "lower" thoughts, can think of a bunch of less-destructive ways to solve this self-inflicted "situation" (who gave said powers to said angels in a first place?)

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

God gave the angels said powers, but we have free will and so do they and they abused their free will.

I don't pretend to understand it myself, but that's the best answer I can think of.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

God gave the angels said powers, but we have free will and so do they and they abused their free will.

So, if you gave your child a videogame with the explicit instructions to be used only by him and you came home from work one day to see all the neighborhood kids playing with it, what do you do?

Break out the AK47 and empty few mags in them?

Didn't think so. But of course that would be the actions of some "low-thought" scumbag, not of a responsible normal human adult....

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

As well as Terry's point which my browser won't let me read. . .

From the latest (April 2012) WT, page 23:

Seven days before the floodwaters

fell—just enough time for Noah and

his family to load the animals into the

ark—Jehovah finally told Noah exactly when the Flood would begin.

so we don't know how many animals - or how God teleported them to Noah's doorstep - or how the neighbours viewed these strange events (why wouldn't they repent and ask for a lift?) - or why the animals didn't eat or squash each other during the week . . .

But the GB knows that it took "just" a week to load the Ark!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit