Applying Math, Physics, Archeology to THE STORY OF NOAH

by Terry 464 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Well bless my stars the Eggman's back!

• designs
    designs

dj- if a water canopy broke and fell that hard it would have destroyed the Ark....unless you can come up with an engineering method to hold a wood structure together. (look at the films of the Tidal wave that flattened Fukushima and 3 other cities)

• elderelite
    elderelite

Oh hank.... Eggnogg is back to add paraghraph after paragraph of insight! Oh thank the heavens....

So lets see.... Eggnogg indroduces the idea that the mountains may not have been as tall, but ignores every other point made.

Ok... So the mountains wernt as tall... Did they magincally grow...? You say the earths crust shifted and made them...? When ? During the flood? If so, such high points would have served as refuges to the nephelium and were subject to the need to be covered by water. If they magically grew after the flood, when.... And how? Moutains dont grow today out of moutain seeds... They are thought to be geological forces at work that take many thousands of years...

Further i would love your insight on the myriad of issues raised beyond simple moutain height. How about food for tigers and other man eaters..? How about food storage for hundreds of animals? The comstruction of the ark itsef so that it survived the downpoor and the seas itself... The list goes on and on.... And yet the only point want to adress is mountain height. And you do that as poorly as as ever. Welcome back. Feel free to add something of substance at anytime

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome back Eggy - we have missed your reams stupidity immensely.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

truthseeker, I asked:

In your earlier post you mentioned that you've had a supernatural experience that had made you believe in God even more.

Let me ask you a question, please answer honestly:

If you had a similar experience that assured you that is OK to walk off the edge of the building, would you do it? I am not interested if you believe that you will be rewarded with new life after falling to your death or resurrection for obeying, etc.

I am asking would you walk off confident that the laws of physics will be suspended for you and you will not plummet to your death to the ground?

Your honest answer may even help you clarify the depth of your faith.

You answered:

Yan,

I do not believe I would ever be told it is safe to walk off the edge of a building, but if you want an example, Satan promised Jesus that he would be saved should he jump off a tall mountain. You know the rest.

The astute among us have no inclination of how low in IQ they actually are in comparison to God's capacity. What they cannot explain they write off as a hoax.

As expected, you totally dodged the question. Please be honest with yourself first and in turn with us.

Let me repeat it in a simple form:

Based on your faith, strengthened by a personal supernatural experience, would you walk off the edge of a building if a similar experience assured you it’s ok to do so? Would you ignore the laws of physics and the fact, tested and reinforced by many more personal experiences, that you will plummet to the ground to your death?

It’s a simple YES/NO question.

No need to involve Jesus or Satan, or whatever promises one made to the other. It pertains to you today.

Unless you are trying to tell me that Satan can fake that supernatural experience and deceive you. In which case I would call to question the validity of the experience that strengthened your faith in a first place...

Please answer honestly, YES or NO.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

A thought experiment:

Say that we found the ultimate scientist. He knows EVERYTHING about physics, geology, archeology, chemistry, biology,etc. Super smart guy.

The only thing he knows NOTHING about is the Flood Story. Never exposed to it, has no idea it exists.

So you take this guy and say to him, "Using your knowledge of physics, archeology etc., tell me what was going on around 2370BCE."

What would he find?

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

"I think people in our society take our literacy for granted. ..... Therefore truth, at that point, requires alteration for it to not be lost in translation"

I had to paste that quote again! I wonder if people read what they write...... or if they even think what they write.....

I think is a waste of time.... People will believe what they want to believe. NO AMOUNT of evidence will help them change their BELIEFS. They will come up with these very complicated explanations as to why what they believe is true....

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Truthseeker needs to change his name... he already found his truth.... I suggest FACTSignorer

• shamus100
    shamus100

d thus would have caused existing mountains to rise to newer heights, so that the 29,035-foot high Mt. Everest that we know today just didn't exist in 2370 BC.

Ummmmm..... no. There is no scientific evidence of that. The whole process started 70 million years ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Himalayas

Kind regards,

Shamooskiechuck. :D

• designs
    designs

Fundamentalist geologists: 'if you push down hard enough something will rise'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit