Applying Math, Physics, Archeology to THE STORY OF NOAH

by Terry 464 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• shamus100
    shamus100

No, designs, it's kind of like 'squeezing a zit'. You push down enough around a mountain and it rises up.... ;D Oh, I get it...

IT'S OFFICIAL. I BELIEVE IN THE FLOOD! THANK YOU, THANK YOU ALL! HEIL JESUS! :D

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Wow, this thread is up to 13 pages....

Yan, I was not trying to avoid the question, I admit I didn't completely understand why you posted it, but since you've rephrased it...

Based on your faith, strengthened by a personal supernatural experience, would you walk off the edge of a building if a similar experience assured you it’s ok to do so? Would you ignore the laws of physics and the fact, tested and reinforced by many more personal experiences, that you will plummet to the ground to your death?

It’s a simple YES/NO question.

The answer is no, I would not and I would not ignore the laws of physics.

The long answer is there is no guarantee that someone could expect the same preferntial treatment as the guy who did walk off a building and survive.

Does this tell you what you want to know?

Now, as to the poster who mentioned my screenname, I chose it because I seek truth, it doesn't mean I have found the truth. I do not expect to have all the answers and I'm satisfied with that.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Let's pretend for a moment that there was provable, documented evidence, other than the Bible, that the Flood was real.

How would it personally affect you? Would you feel responsibility to the Creator or would you just carry on as normal?

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Thank you truthseeker.

So, on one hand you had a supernatural experience that convinced you, among other things, beyond doubt that a past event that defies the laws of physics in any possible way had occurred.

On the other hand, if you experienced a supernatural event of the same magnitude like above, assuring you it’s OK to ignore the laws of physics today, you would not believe it enough and will have doubts?

I am lost.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Do any of you remember some years ago, there was an interview on TV with a warlock, and he was asked why he hated Jehovah's Witnesses and his reply was something to the effect that God killed the children of the demons at the Flood and now the demons are trying their hardest to get the JW children to leave the religion.

I didn't see the interview but I know two people who did.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Yan,

Once you have experienced a "supernatural" event you cannot pretend it didn't happen. It does and can change one's perception of life. And since I was raised a JW and still consider myself Christian, even though I am inactive, I gave more credence to what was in the Bible. That's the only way I know how to explain it.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Let's pretend for a moment that there was provable, documented evidence, other than the Bible, that the Flood was real.

How would it personally affect you? Would you feel responsibility to the Creator or would you just carry on as normal?

Here, stuck on servers and in search engines for eternity: I will be the first one to admit that I was wrong. I will be the first one to tell the world that my ignorant, scientific mindset had blinded me to the real truth.

Please hold me to it as the evidence emerges.

Now, how much evidence will take for you to make a similar statement?

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Once you have experienced a "supernatural" event you cannot pretend it didn't happen.

I am not asking you to pretend it didn't happen. On the contrary, I am asking IF IT HAPPENED AGAIN, would you believe it to the point to make you ignore the laws of physics?

I really don't know how much simplier the above can be stated.....

You already stated that no, you would not ignore the laws of physics. My follow up question was why the double standard? You are already willingly ignoring the laws of physics as they pertain to an event that could not be explained by any means other than supernatural, by your own words...

You either believe or you don't. By your own admission, the Bible is not some kind of a cafeteria belief system where you pick and choose as you wish.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

People break the laws of physics everytime, defying gravity is done on a daily basis, from aircraft to spaceships.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Yan,

I am not asking you to pretend it didn't happen. On the contrary, I am asking IF IT HAPPENED AGAIN, would you believe it to the point to make you ignore the laws of physics?

I really don't know how much simplier the above can be stated

I see what you're getting at but don't understand the correlation.

You can make it simpler by asking me what motivated you to ask why I would risk my life because I had a supernatural experience. Why would I assume that I could defy the laws of physics?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit