Applying Math, Physics, Archeology to THE STORY OF NOAH

by Terry 464 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

H202 is the symbol for hydrogen peroxide which has one more atom of oxygen than H20. All things have atomic structure that varies in makeup.

When exposed to other matter H202 is changed from its stable composition. An extra oxygen atom is released leaving H20. In nature, oxygen, or O2, consists of two atoms in a stable combination. Plants and vegetation also produce oxygen, but a single oxygen atom is highly reactive and is called a free radical.

H202 in rainwater makes it beneficial for plants than ordinary tap water which contains high concentrations of aluminimum and chlorine due to the sanitizing processes of municipal water supplies. Increased levels of atmosphere pollution cause greater amounts of H202 to react with air borne toxins, the result being that fewer H202 atoms reach the earth because they lose one atom. The result is more H20. Vegetation and plant life suffer as a result. It is likely that H202 was abundant in ground water prior to the flood. Today underground pollution of water aquifers has also robbed it from those sources.

The ozone layer that surrounds the earth consists of three oxygen atoms. The protective layer is created when ultraviolet light from the sun splits an atmospheric oxygen molecule into two single, unstable oxygen atoms which combine to form ozone which is only partially stable. Ozone will give up the extra atom of oxygen to falling rainwater creating H202. When pollution interferes with the natural cycle put in place this causes ozone depletion.

When something is altered in nature it causes imbalance in the life cycle. When this imbalance is corrected, the earth will once again thrive.

• designs
    designs

H202 was abundant in the pre flood era in ground water. Really?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

This thread needs to be retitled:"Applying Fantastical Speculation, Magic, and Imagination to THE STORY OF NOAH"

Then it would all make sense.

Really, for the account of Noah and the flood to have actually happened, miraculous intercession by god would be almost constantly required at virtually every level in the story. If you believe that, you'll be satisfied.

No need for "math" or "archaeology."

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I repeat, fundies are dumb.

• Terry
    Terry

This topic has been viewed 2641 times, which may be a record for any of MY topics!

What is so different about this one, I have to wonder???

Most of the topics I write don't really get many people involved. In fact, I've had a few lately that immediately died horribly with NO responses at all.

So, glad somebody is getting something out of this one.

I'm satisfied.

• cofty
    cofty

I enjoy your threads Terry. Some invite comment others make me go hmmm? Both is good.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Terry, this is a a subject that causes polemic, because the views are so polar and people are strongly inclined to believe the opposite sides of the spectrum.

BTW, keep churning 'cause I love reading your stuff.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Applying Math, Physics and Archeology to a story creates a non-fiction story, without these sciences you have a story of fiction.

• tec
    tec

Terry, this is a a subject that causes polemic, because the views are so polar and people are strongly inclined to believe the opposite sides of the spectrum.

I was going to say the same thing.

As for your other threads, sometimes there is just nothing more for me to add.

Peace,

Tammy

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@Terry:

How many inches per hour of global rainfall for 40 days and nights would it take to cover Mr.Everest? Mt. Everest is roughly 36,000 feet above sea level, so how much rain would it take to cover it in 40 24-hour periods?

I'm not sure on what your "roughly 36,000 feet above sea level" measurement is based, but you said it would take "a steady rain of ... 363 inches per hour" for the resulting waters to cover the top of Mt. Everest, which would make sense since the Bible does teach that the deluge lasted for some "forty days" (Genesis 7:12, 17), or "960 hours," except what the Bible doesn't indicate is the existence of any 29,028-foot high (8,848-meter high) mountain called "Everest," which mountain is now said to be 29,035-feet high (8,850-meters high), nor does it speak of any rain, nor does it indicate the velocity with which these waters had rained upon the earth.

Moreover, Terry, Genesis 7:18-20 states that the flood waters had so "overwhelmed the earth ... that all the tall mountains ... came to be covered ... up to fifteen cubits," that is to say that the highest mountains were covered by some 22 feet of water, but I see no reason to conclude that there would have had to be enough of it to cover a 29,028-foot high Mt. Everest.

So why speculate about the existence of a mountain, when it is apparent that for "the highest mountains" to have been covered by 22 feet of water there could not have been a "Mt. Everest" of the height that we know it today? Considering the added weight of the water came a shifting in the earth's crust, so that new mountains emerged, and thus would have caused existing mountains to rise to newer heights, so that the 29,035-foot high Mt. Everest that we know today just didn't exist in 2370 BC.

At Genesis 7:4, Jehovah tells Noah, "I am making it rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights," but what Jehovah doesn't tell Noah is that some of the water that rained upon and destroyed that ancient world had come from "the waters that should be above the expanse," the so-called "water canopy" that had been held in suspense above the earth since the second creative day. The fact that this water canopy that "should be above the expense" no longer exists could be part of the reason that the climate is so extreme in certain parts of the earth than in other parts, and part of the reason mankind has had to face hurricanes, tsunamis, tornados and such, but what we are told in the Bible is that "all the springs of the vast watery deep were broken open and the floodgates of the heavens were opened." (Genesis 7:11, 12)

What Jehovah described to Noah as "rain" is not described as a "steady rain" as you describe it, but as a "downpour" that lasted 40 days and 40 nights before the springs and floodgates "became stopped up," when the downpour was "restrained." This downpour wasn't rain, but was a "deluge" of a "heavenly ocean" of water that fell to the earth as rain. (Genesis 8:2) At Matthew 24:38, 39, and at Luke 17:27, Jesus notably uses the word "flood" in describing the "deluge," and not once does Jesus use the word "rain," no doubt because what fell to the earth in 2370 BC was dramatically different than what we would normally think of as rain.

@djeggnog

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit