Applying Math, Physics, Archeology to THE STORY OF NOAH

by Terry 464 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

That works, Tec.

Substitute Baghavad Vita or the Akkadian Wisdon writings or the religion of the Gobleki Tepe. Why aren't those right?

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I did say I was going to go hit the sack but your comments just keep on coming...a few more minutes won't hurt...

Jethro,

Magic is one way of describing it.

What is the most abundant thing in the visible creation? Dust. Not just on the earth because it is made of dust, but out in the universe there are dust clouds. Dust is nothing more than energy. If you understood the transformation of altering energy then you could easily understand how God can manipulate nature, for energy is nature in its many forms. Dust causes rain droplets to fall and without water life does not exist. It is energy vibrating at different speeds dependent upon which side you exist.

Ecclesiastes 12:7 "The dust returns to the earth as it once was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it."

Genesis 28:14 "Your offspring will be like the dust of the earth, and you will spread out toward the west, the east, the north, and the south. All the peoples on earth will be blessed through you and your offspring."

Exodus 8:17 "Aron struck the earth with his staff and the dust became gnats of the third plague."

Exodus 9:9 "The dust of the earth also became festering boils on people and animals throughout the land of Egypt."

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    None of what you see just happened or came into existence without a first cause.

Even if that is true ...... it doesn't prove the existence of Bible God, the Rainbow Serpent, Allah, or any particular culture's creator god.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Jethro

Who is Jethro?

What is the most abundant thing in the visible creation? Dust. Not just on the earth because it is made of dust, but out in the universe there are dust clouds. Dust is nothing more than energy. If you understood the transformation of altering energy then you could easily understand how God can manipulate nature, for energy is nature in its many forms. Dust causes rain droplets to fall and without water life does not exist. It is energy vibrating at different speeds dependent upon which side you exist.

Ah... another favourite of 'believers'... pseudoscience. (A bit like when JW literature in the '60s and '70s said God might use 'anti-matter' at Armageddon.) God (whose existence is unestablished) can do an unspecificed magic thing with dust, ergo the flood happened. Brilliant logic. Sigh.

Oh, and the most abundant thing in the universe is hydrogen. Dust is any of various substances of entirely different compositions; typical dust—dirt, skin, pollen, hair, plant fibres, smoke particles etc—on earth is not the same substances as cosmic dust. Sigh.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Thanks Jeffro. That was a typo. Edited to add in the NO.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

energy vibrating at different speeds? What does that mean?

I'll tell you what i means. Nothing. Utter bollocks. Fundies are dumb.

• tec
    tec

Substitute Baghavad Vita or the Akkadian Wisdon writings or the religion of the Gobleki Tepe. Why aren't those right?

Can't comment. Never read them.

But if you want to change it to some of the other (holy) writings that I have read or at least heard of, then my answer would be that there probably is truth shared between them. As is understandable (especially considering that three of the current faiths and religions stem from Abraham)

Peace,

Tammy

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

Is there a reason I cannot read the first page? Can someone post again what Terry said?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I specifically picked ones that aren't Abrahamic religions, Tec. Wouldn't it be prudent to study them to see if they make more sense?

• tec
    tec

What are they? Buddhist? Hindu? Something else from more ancient times?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit