Applying Math, Physics, Archeology to THE STORY OF NOAH

by Terry 464 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

popsiclecakes (I once called you that ), a good one up there, sister.

• Terry
    Terry

I can't really figure out why this particular topic has generated so much activity.

Most of my topics barely last a page or two.

Go figure!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Terry we're dissecting Truthseeker's brain for any signs of Truth

We haven't found any yet

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I can't really figure out why this particular topic has generated so much activity.

Who cares, it's a beautiful thing. I was watching a No Reservations episode where Anthony Bourdain went to Cuba. The people there were very happy that the government was allowing them to debate baseball open in the public. This place is the polar opposite of that crap and I think that's a great thing.

-Sab

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Terry,

Run with it. Feel like the proud father of 8 children...

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Yan,

In response to your question re: post 658

What would be necessary to convince you that the flood account may not be literal and may not have happened as described in the Bible?

There is no easy answer to this question. The global deluge was not just another event that had no importance. It changed everything about the world at that time. That's why it's not so easy to dismiss.

Consider 2 Peter 3:5,6: "But they deliberately forget that long ago by God's word the heavens existed and the earth was formed out of water and by water. By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed."

What you're asking me to do is dismiss everything Peter said about the flood because you don't agree the flood happened.

If I do this, I might as well dismiss everything that I cannot grasp because I don't understand it. It doesn't work that way.

At that time, the ark was the delivery vessel to the new world. The shedding of the old ways were symbolized by Noah and his family coming into the new world, almost as if they had entered the Millennium, because with just 8 survivors there was no evil in the world.

Because sin is inherent in mankind from their youth up, it eventually appeared in the children born to Noah and his sons. In effect, this typfies what will happen in the Millenium as new offspring are born and grow to maturity. If they practice sin wilfully, even after being given sufficient time to change their ways, there is no place for them.

At the end of the Millennium, everyone will be like Noah and his family, knowing God's laws and living them. God knows that time can dull the senses which is why there will be another test at the end of the Millenium. A 1,000 years can make a person overconfident.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

thetrueone,

My views on life after death might seem unorthodox but I believe that when we die, we survive the death of our fleshly vessel and are transformed by Christ.

I recently watched a documenatry on near death experiences. Many of the people interviewed said they felt as if they were floating and could see their own body while they were being operated on.

I believe that what is inside of us, the essence of self, is not necessarily something you could point to on an X-ray or CAT scan, and say look, there's the consciounsess, I think it is a form of energy that cannot yet be discerned.

Yes, I speculate but that's why we're all here for one reason or another, to speculate and ponder and there's nothing wrong with that, I'm not pushing my beliefs onto anyone.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

What you're asking me to do is dismiss everything Peter said about the flood because you don't agree the flood happened.

Dude, wrong, wrong, wrong!

I am not asking you to dismiss anything! What I am asking is WHAT WOULD IT TAKE for you to question its validity.

If the answer is "NOTHING", then so be it.

If the answer is "XXXXXX", then say what XXXXXX is.

I am not trying to make you give anything up, I am trying to see if my decision to bail out of this thread in a first place was sound.

Thank you.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Yan, there was a time when I did question it for a while. I'm fairly open minded despite what you may think.

What would make me question the validity? Right now, nothing.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Amen! Thank you and all the best.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit