Fox News

by StopTheTears 137 Replies latest jw friends

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

you have called littlerockguy such a name in a demeaning way too! and
    I think that was getting personal

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Oh, my mistake............ you called him a diffrent derogatory term!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/politics/219283/3/Firefighters-let-another-home-burn-down

LRG, are you a log cabin republican? Just wondering.
  • DaCheech
    DaCheech

and the context too! Rednecks are dumb! Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

Fox News has been used to brainwash and hornswaggle many a simple person who wants to trust and not to think.... meaning a lot of fundamentalists and rednecks. The smarter audience knows they are lying much of the time, but doesn't give a flip, as long as Fox News is getting votes for the laws and politicians who support for the bankers and the corporations and 1%.
  • Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Just a comment...

I wouldn't have included Susan Estrich on that montage if your purpose was to paint Fox as a right wing news outlet. Susan Estrich ran the Dukakis campaign in 1988, and still is a loyal Democrat and Obama supporter. If anything, the inclusion of Estrich gives the appearance more of a politically diverse crowd.

• Violia
    Violia

I hope this link works right, it is from The Onion, so everyone knows it is supposed to be funny. It is funny, but racist.

OK all I see is the infamous red X. I did find that if I right click on the X and open URL, the video I am trying to put up appears like magic.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

We've established, redneck is not a racist term and it is not a derogatory term. I know some rednecks who'd kick your backside for implying it is a racist term.

Some folks feel redneck is also. They may call themselves that but you know like the N word, don't want others to use it.

Who? You and Da Cheech?

Believe me, Viola, if you tell my son he is a redneck, he'll thank you and shake your hand.

you have called littlerockguy such a name in a demeaning way too! and
    I think that was getting personal

I ASKED him if he is a LCR. Do you find the word Republican, Log Cabin or Tea Party insulting? Do they embarrass you?

http://www.logcabin.org/site/c.nsKSL7PMLpF/b.5468093/k.BE4C/Home.htm

I can be a smart @$$. I won't argue with that. I can be sarcastic. I don't think that's news to anyone.

• Violia
    Violia

I do not like the term redneck and would consider it an insult . I am poor and white but not trash. I never lived in a trailer either. Poor white folks know the difference between just being working class whites and being poor white trash or rednecks.

Usually redneck is preceded by the word stupid or something similar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redneck

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I never lived in a trailer either

Sayyyyy, just what do you mean by THAT V ??? I've lived in a trailor!

Just playing V. All this reminds me of a story that I heard attributed to Jimmy Carter. When asked the difference between a good old boy and a redneck, he supposedly said:

A redneck drives around in a pickup truck drinking beer and throwing the cans out the window.

A good old boy drives around in a pickup truck drinking beer and throws the cans into the garbage.

It's all relative-------LOL---------since MY derogatory term would have started at Drives Around Drinking Beer! The rest is irrelevant.

Skin can actually thicken---did you all know that?

NC

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

your quote "rednecks are simple people"................ everyone else is the smarter breed...........

read your quote:

Fox News has been used to brainwash and hornswaggle many a simple person who wants to trust and not to think.... meaning a lot of fundamentalists and rednecks. The smarter audience knows they are lying much of the time, but doesn't give a flip, as long as Fox News is getting votes for the laws and politicians who support for the bankers and the corporations and 1%.
  • NewChapter
    NewChapter

Cheech, do you feel the same way about the term "fundamentalist"? Because I will admit to you, I am now struggling with the entire concept. On the one hand, I don't necessarily consider the term redneck derogatory, because I think it is a cultural distinction. But on the other hand, if we are to attribute traits of mental weakness to the group, then I can see how it could be viewed as deragatory. Yet I barely bat an eye at the term fundamentalist---perhaps because they really are of the same mind---and what I would consider a redneck (not a term I think of naturally nor use when looking at people---just not a big part of my vocab) as quite varied?

We can really get lost in a discussion like this. I know people that are quite proud to earn the distinction 'redneck' but not because they are proud of ignorance or anything like that, but because they are proud of certain earthy attitudes and what they consider horse sense. Yet I'm sure they would bristle if they thought the term was being used to indicate lack of intelligence.

Perhaps it's all about tone. I don't know. Just wondering.

NC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit