Fox News

by StopTheTears 137 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Shake it off chicky. You are not a racist. It's slight of hand.

I got a good laugh from it, New. I grew up in three southern states and raised my kids in one of them. Every Friday and Saturday night, our towns turned into the Hillbilly Deluxe video. I chuckle to think Cheech thinks he could slip that one past. I just want all those not raised in the country or in the south to know that redneck isn't an insult. It's a lifestyle.

First off Redneck and White Trash IS NOT THE SAME THING! I've been Redneck all? my life and I do NOT consider myself trash! Most people mistake me for being a lady until I whip out my Redneck attitude and prove otherwise, but I ain't trash! Secondly, Jessica Simpson needs to learn the difference between sexy and slutty! She has the slutty down pat! She can't hold a candle to Catherine Bach for the sexiness of Daisy Duke! At least Bach was classy with her protrayal of a Redneck woman!

Fantazunique1962 2 months ago 8

Now, back to extolling the virtues of Fox News.

• Violia
    Violia

Indeed, white trash and cracker and honky are racist. Some folks feel redneck is also. They may call themselves that but you know like the N word, don't want others to use it.

I was joking but I do notice that there aren't many slurs you can get away with anymore except, whitey, redneck, white trash, cracker, hillbilly, honky, trailer trash, laughing at fat people or people who shop at walmart, people who watch fox news/ listen to Rush etc, and a few more that I can not think of right now. ( including the spelling impaired :)

I don't see Fundy as a slur, I see it as a designation of their beliefs. I will concede that I usually mean it as derogatory when I use it.

I am not afraid of Fox or MSNBC ,CNN or any other news channel or Internet website. They are words and since I managed to liberate myself from the wts , nothing much except death and taxes ( really just taxes) scares me much. I lived though Vietnam and am part of the hippy generation. My mind is so open there might be a draft( thank you Tim Minchin ).

I think if we are going to survive this year ( as a discussion board) we may need to think about how we are going to manage the political name calling on the board. Back in 02 it split the board into many pieces. I'd hate to see that happen again.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Yessss! You know I love my Minchin V!

• Violia
    Violia

Tim is a treasure. I love his music and skits. I lol when I heard him do rock and roll nerd.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I was introduced to him through Rock-N-Roll nerd! My atheist brother, seeking to corrupt me, introduced me to some nonthreatening songs of Minch. I think I've told this story recently here. Basically I ended up listening to all of his songs and really thinking about the words. I had already started to shift my thinking, and it all started to make a lot of sense to me. He helped ease me away from the cult---although that was only because I was ready. Did I tell you I saw him in Chicago a few months ago? I was so excited, and he is so professional. It was a full house---which meant only 240 people, so it was very intimate.

He promised to come out to the bar afterwards and just meet everyone. I wanted to stay, but my friend had brought her boyfriend who made that impossible. I couldn't believe it! We had to leave. My brother had already left. Anyway, my bro called me the next day and told me NOT to look at his blog, it would only piss me off more. Well, I had to look. Turned out he stuck around for 2.5 hours just hanging with everyone and drinking! F**K!! I was there! I could have been there.

My friend broke up with her boyfriend the next day. She had never seen that side of him, and said he would not fit in with her social life.

Damn, I'm still mad.

NC

• NewChapter
  • DaCheech
    DaCheech

I don't watch fox news................. but I've never made racists terms............... and I've never made derogatory terms toward fat people (calling christy a fat f**k and such) and I've never called women derogatory terms.................. look in the mirror does it look good?

• Terry
    Terry

Have you ever noticed how The History Channel, The Biography Channel, The Military Channel, and even the Weather Channel seem to sometimes color the facts with a certain pov?

Yes.

Ratings drive content on almost every venue.

I get pissed off when some important news item is dangled like an enticement and the content is withheld.

"Serial killer spotted in local neighborhood...news at 11 p.m." Oh yeah? How about NAMING the neighborhood fer god's sakes?

The HISTORY CHANNEL is often ridiculous. The pathetic attempt to peddle sensational topics with weak sources is a scandal.

UFO's, BIGFOOT, Conspiracy theories can be presented factually. There is no need to hype it into entertainment.

Dumbing down content seems to indicate little confidence in the view audience.

ABOUT BILL O'REILLY-----do you know how I started watching him regularly? I was flipping channels one night and saw the tail end of his program, the FACTOR. He was reading letters from the viewing audience. He often read letters CRITICAL of himself without comment. He gave the OTHER SIDE of the opinion directly from the viewers.

I thought that was pretty admirable.

He has a short fuse. He talks over people. But--he is a staunch defender of the "little guy."

A strong advocate of children he really goes after child molesters publicly hounding judges who let them off.

I have to give kudos for that.

• Terry
    Terry

Sorry Terry. I don't think a refusal to listen to FOX news should be equated with the indoctrination of an evil cult. Polls show that FOX news is often just plain wrong.

I can't personally refuse to listen to something I don't like. That is too much like shunning. My brain needs BOTH sides of everything.

Intellectual honesty means you always have to be willing to be wrong.

None of us ever wants to be wrong, do we?

So, we live with the constant danger we are FILTERING out discomfiting information.

How can I be right ALL the time? I cannot. None of us can.

We have to listen, watch and pay careful attention to the "other" side of every argument.

HALF of us don't hold the same views as the OTHER HALF.

Are we nuts to think WE are always the correct half and the others are ALWAYS WRONG?

That would be insanity to think that.

Criticize specifics, not generalities. Cite particulars. Give instances. Quote sources.

All the blah blah blah is just opinion. Put a name and a number on things so others can verify it.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech
    They may call themselves that but you know like the N word, don't want others to use it.

yep.

Redneck is more of a frame of mind and lifestyle than it is anything else. I've known poor rednecks and I've known rich ones. My own son has developed into a redneck. In some ways this is a good thing, but in others it's not so good.

So, I've dated and made love to black women, does that exempt me from being racist? (look at the halle berry and thornton movie)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit