Fox News

by StopTheTears 137 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

And by the way, Burns, look closely at my post, I said a lot of, not all of. Believe it or not, there are fundamentalists who do think more deeply and there rednecks who think more deeply, so I didn't use the words "all of". And notice I said the smarter viewers, not the smart viewers. Because I can't say every fundamentalist or every redneck watching fox news isn't smart. The smarter viewers would be the ones who are still choosing to think for themselves and are hip the jive on Fox News. They see what a propaganda machine it is. They probably don't care.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

flyin, I was staying out of this, but now you're getting full of yourself.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Da Cheech, I'll concentrate on your contribution to my Apostate Literature thread. We don't agree about politics, which probably won't change soon, but I very much appreciate your contribution to that thread. It's interesting to see the impact of the internet in exposing the WTB&TS. That's something most all of us can agree on.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    One thing is a choice, the other is not.

My son Jesse wasn't born redneck. He chooses the lifestyle and frame of mind now. He loves the country. He likes to hunt, fish, garden. He likes the lingo and the music and the entertainment. He likes to hang out with his redneck friends. He'll tell you anyday, he prefers it this way. I think you have race, something you can't change, confused with lifestyle, which is something you can.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

flyin, don't worry I've grown in patiencde over the years.

don't take it personal............ I think you're a nice person.......... it's just that world's problems are not black/white.

due to the complexity of problems, things have to be resolved in a manner that helps all.

truce, and I appreciate you.............. just be reasonable

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

You're alright, Cheech.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Has anyone in this thread addressed this poll?:

http://publicmind.fdu.edu/2011/knowless/

Some News Leaves People Knowing Less

According to the latest results from Fairleigh Dickinson University’s PublicMind Poll, some news sources make us less likely to know what’s going on in the world. In the most recent study, the poll asked New Jerseyans about current events at home and abroad, and from what sources – if any – they get their information. The conclusion: Sunday morning news shows do the most to help people learn about current events, while some outlets, especially Fox News, lead people to be even less informed than those who say they don’t watch any news at all.

I like the Aljazeera English version news that is played on our local cable. Their coverage loses the pro-US government bias so evident in US news sources. I also like the Aljazeera news because they show what is going on around the world, instead of limiting the coverage to the USA.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit