by StopTheTears 137 Replies latest jw friends

• StopTheTears
  • isojourn
    isojourn

Zombies!

• Mickey mouse
  • snare&racket
    snare&racket

Go to google videos and watch "outfoxed" a documentary on ex Fox staff.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Fox News is an oxymoron. I boycott it. If I want to know a right wing stand, the Internet gives me much better access. Sadly, Fox News is not the only one. CNN with Anderson Cooper is very low in news. I recall when CNN was a tv version of the New York Times. Cooper is an advocate and gossip tease not a reporter anymore. Bill Maher does not slant his program as news. He favors the same progressive causes that I do but his constant harping on only a left wing note makes me bored. It would be far more interesting if he covered a range of complex issues with complexity rather than black and white views. I am troubled when panelists snicker at his meanness. Somehow I don't think they would join the snickering if off camera. He seems to rotate the same five guests. If I see Cornel West one more time, I will scream.

I grew up with The New York Times, Wall St. Journal, and Washington Post as examples of what news coverage should be/ Charlie Rose does a superb job on PBS. Politico is a much more entertaining site than Daily Kos. If I have strong liberal sentiments and I am fed up, imagine how independent voters must be. I can't imagine Rather, Cronkite, John Chancellor etc. giving time to Kim Kardashian or Jersey Shore.

• StopTheTears
  • Terry
    Terry

So, you have to ask yourself a question, "Why does Fox completely annhilate all the other cable news outlets put together by crushing them in the ratings?" Is everybody else but you stupid?

I watch Morning Joe on MSNBC in the morning in preference to Fox and Friends. I like CNN for general news reporting. But, Bill 0'Reilly is always interesting and informative.

Why?

I'm not a hater. I am a realist. Like it or lump it, America is predominately a generally conservative-values nation with extremists screwing it up on both ends of the spectrum. Rachel Maddow vs Sean Hannity=extremists almost sickening in their prejudice and ideology.

I'm bright enough to know when some talking head is bad-mouthing the other side unfairly.

The LEFT shills for Obama. The RIGHT is in bed with Evangelicals. Both stink in that regard.

I read a wide range of news articles: DRUDGEreport THEBLAZE Huffingtonpost. If you read the same story in all three you quickly figure out who's blowing smoke up your butt.

Think for yourself and DON'T narrow your mind by censoring what you don't like.

THAT IS HOW JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES REMAIN INDOCTRINATED, they never allow an opposite opinion in to their mind.

Don't become bigoted. Don't be a reactionary with knee-jerk hate responses.

Be a thinking person open to all views who thinks for themselves.

There is enough blind hatred in the world.

• Quentin
    Quentin

I agree with Terry....you must look at or listen to both sides of an issue. If you don't do that your not circumspect in out look and fall victim to being a POLLY PARROT regurgitating the vitriol of either the right or left.

• james_woods
    james_woods

At least we still have a relatively free press. Remember the Soviet Union press? Pravda? Red Star?

I have a book on the Russians - it commented on how they had to parse between the lines to find out any real news about anything.

If a plane crashed, there would be no direct mention. There might be an article on airport or flying safety, followed by one on how a certain neighborhood was being rebuilt "after a fire" for the good of the comrades.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Terry.....

Have you ever noticed how The History Channel, The Biography Channel, The Military Channel, and even the Weather Channel seem to sometimes color the facts with a certain pov? Notice it sometime. Pay attention to the way certain clusters of programming seem to be trying to do a subtle indoctrination. I picked up on this not long ago while watching something on the History Channel. It seemed to pop out at me. I googled ownership of TV programming and guess what? General Electric (you know, Obama's buddy) owns them all....and then some.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit