Fox News

by StopTheTears 137 Replies latest jw friends

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    I'm waiting for you to defend the trusting, simple thinking fundamentalists.

No need. It isn't the same thing. One thing is a choice, the other is not. You could argue that being a fundamentalist is evidence of simple thinking. That's acceptable. But to argue that a person's class/ethnicity is so isn't acceptable. "Redneck" and "fundamentalist" aren't likes. They are apples and oranges.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I didn't say black or hispanic. So Burns, that's irrelevant
    Doesn't matter. Substituting terms illustrates the ugliness of what you said.

No it doesn't, because substituting those would completely change what I said and you know it.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Redneck is not a class or ethnic identity either. It's lifestyle and frame of mind.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_slurs#R
    Redneck
    in the US, the term is offensive to many, and refers to Southern laborer-class whites.
  • FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    One thing is a choice, the other is not.

They both are choices. Are you trying to be a comedian?

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    No it doesn't, because substituting those would completely change what I said and you know it.

Only in that it would refer to a different group.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    They both are choices. Are you trying to be a comedian?

No, but I think you are making a very poor attempt at being one. The kids down the street from me didn't choose their cultural identity. That is who they are. Same as me with my own identity, or you with yours.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Wikipedia is written by any old body, like you for instance. I have seen you totally nail people to the wall for quoting Wiki. I find the wiki article on the term redneck inaccurate and frankly as ridiculous as a lot of very liberal political correctness.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Changing the subject to a nitpick on a quote now. Blah blah blah.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Burn, you can choose to be a redneck or not. Lots of people are born to redneck parents and grow up and live a completely different lifestyle. And what's more, you know this.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Changing the subject to a nitpick on a quote now. Blah blah blah.

You used Wikipedia, did you not?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit