Further proof of no real message in OCCUPY

by free2beme 229 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

fyi

I don't take anyone's ignorance personally. It's only the internet, and it's not like we are buddies or anything, so don't 'go the emotional woman' route.

• talesin
    talesin

dacheech

I believe you are coming from a sincere place, so I will tell you this about 'in my back yard'...

when I lived downtown, I noticed a certain homeless 'older' (late 50s) man, was really sick ..

I convinced my husband to take him in, even tho we lived in a tiny (abt 350 ft2) apt. We made up a pallet for him in our LR (we had a 1 BR+LR) teeny apt. For 6 wks he stayed w/ us. Turned out he had double pneumonia, but that is not the point.

The point is that the less fortunate 'do' help each other....

before I was poor, I *was* the middle class ... and I ,,, as YOU DO .. helped the less fortunate ..

pls,, know that I am indicting the system,,, not you,, 144,000, or any other individual ... day-yumm!

:(

• talesin
    talesin

:-<

• talesin
    talesin

well, for once, I may not mind being a thread-killer ...

• designs
    designs

Not at all, personal experiences trump Fox News anyday

• talesin
    talesin

tx, designs

my apologies to james woods, as I called you an a$$hole too,,, can't say I regret it, but it's not what you do in polite company, right?

*sigh*

i am so done with this ....

goodby and g'nite, gracie!!!

* a nod to my American cousins *

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Listen Tale,

I'm sorry for the unfortunate.

My viewpoint is that welfare people and homeless should get food and shelter............... they should not get luxuries of the taxpaying/hard working people.

call me an asshole, but that's my view!

I will give the homeless here in the urban jungle a sandwich or a cranola bar............. but I won;t give them a buck!

• Duderino
    Duderino

OCCUPY isnt a political protest it is a crime wave!

• Diest
    Diest

Cheech that is very reasonable. Id add in healthcare, but I agree, I dont give them money I give it to shelters.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Snow in NYC this weekend.

The city has stripped Occupy Wall Street protesters of their power.
    Dozens of firefighters and police officers entered Zuccotti Park Friday morning to confiscate generators and gas canisters.

Fire trucks and police vans pulled up on the corner of Broadway and Liberty St. at about 8:30 a.m. and asked the encamped demonstrators to bring the items to them, saying they were a health and fire hazard.

"They made an announcement on a bullhorn saying: 'We are here to take the generators, could you please bring them up to us on the corner of Broadway and Liberty St.,'" protester James Bennett said.

When no one from Occupy Wall Street surrendered the generators, more than 30 uniformed FDNY and NYPD officials entered the park to seize them, witnesses and officials said.

"We did send 30 or 40 firefighters through the park, the police department had its community affairs department there to make sure everyone was safe," Mayor Bloomberg said on his weekly radio show Friday.

"Our first two concerns are the First Amendment and safety, and this was about safety." http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/occupy_wall_street/2011/10/28/2011-10-28_occupy_wall_street_protesters_stripped_of_their_power_literally_by_fire_departme.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit