Further proof of no real message in OCCUPY

by free2beme 229 Replies latest jw friends

• designs
    designs

Freedom to Protest, Confront, Debate.....not high on the GOP list.

'O Gawd what will I say to a real live Communist' sort of reminds one of the current positions taken by the wet-noodles of the GB.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I think it's hysterical that conservatives are so pissed that OW isn't doing things the way they should--

"You just don't protest right!"

HYSTERICAL!!

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Drew,

I was referring to the lack of awareness here about the core message of OccupyWallStreet. It is amazing to me that anyone could be ignorant of the message if they have even a basic awareness of history and current events.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    'O Gawd what will I say to a real live Communist'

You are acknowledging that a good number of the OWS people are communists?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

BB nobody is unaware. This is the conservative way-------denial. There is no health care crisis. Not a real problem. OW? I don't know what the hell they are trying to say. Income disparity? What difference does that make? This is a form of hostility. They will not validate by acknowledging, and therefore, they simply don't have to address it. All problems solved. And they all lived happily ever after.

NC

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    I think it's hysterical that conservatives are so pissed that OW isn't doing things the way they should--
    "You just don't protest right!"
    HYSTERICAL!!

Actually, OWS is acting hysterically. Look at some of the vids I've posted. If that is not hysterical, what is?

Ideology to one side, I do not recall a single TEA party arrest at the demonstrations. OWS, on the other hand, has racked up hundreds, if not thousands, of arrests. By and large, TEA party has exercised their right to freedom of speech and assembly with respect for law, law enforcement, and public and private property. I do not recall hearing of rape, sexual molestation, or theft at TEA party demonstrations either. TEA Party left the National Mall cleaner than they found it. Compare that with the state of various large OWS encampments. The difference is like night and day.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

LOL LOL LOL

I'm not offering any defenses, cuz you know them all. Their message will not be lost because of scoundrals that make their way to open gatherings, nor will it be lost to the actions of zealous cops. They aren't backing down.

NC

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Almost 3000 arrests according to #OccupyArrests.

https://twitter.com/#!/OccupyArrests

That is rather a lot of scoundrels, isn't it?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

It doesn't negate their message, as much as you would like it to BTS. Fact is, the tea party never reached such proportions. We'd have seen the same problems if they had. It huge, unstructured, and these things will continue to happen. Of course, cops indiscrimanently pepper spraying and shooting canisters into the heads of those who served in Iraq may sort of show that some of those arrests were power tripping cops.

NC

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    Fact is, the tea party never reached such proportions.

If we are talking about the U.S. demonstrations alone, TEA Party has been far larger.

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/10/17/the-geography-of-occupying-wall-street-and-everywhere-else/

Of course, cops indiscrimanently pepper spraying and shooting canisters into the heads of those who served in Iraq may sort of show that some of those arrests were power tripping cops.

It's funny how power-tripping cops never acted out and pepper sprayed or tear gassed TEA party demonstration people. I don't recall any such incidents. There were plenty of vets, and I do not recall anyone being injured. If such a thing ever happened, I do not doubt that we'd all remember.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit