Further proof of no real message in OCCUPY

by free2beme 229 Replies latest jw friends

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    You are acknowledging that a good number of the OWS people are communists?

What do you mean by "a good number"? The entire membership of the communist party in the US is only 2,000.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    It's funny how power-tripping cops never acted out and pepper sprayed or tear gassed TEA party demonstration people. I don't recall any such incidents. There were plenty of vets, and I do not recall anyone being injured. If such a thing ever happened, I do not doubt that we'd all remember.

Why the hell would they?? They were doing exactly as they had been told by their corporate puppeteers. Bussed in and directed by Dick Armey and the Koch's. Brainwashed lemmings shilling for the status quo, and too stupid to know it.

• james_woods
    james_woods

What do you mean by "a good number"? The entire membership of the communist party in the US is only 2,000.

I mean that a substantial number of the people in those demonstrations are holding up pro-communist signs.

I have no way to know if they are members of the communist party of the US - and I don't care. If they espouse communism or communist ideas, then in my book they are communists. And I am sure there are more than 2000 such people in the US.

It's funny how power-tripping cops never acted out and pepper sprayed or tear gassed TEA party demonstration people. I don't recall any such incidents. There were plenty of vets, and I do not recall anyone being injured. If such a thing ever happened, I do not doubt that we'd all remember.
    Why the hell would they?? They were doing exactly as they had been told by their corporate puppeteers. Bussed in and directed by Dick Armey and the Koch's. Brainwashed lemmings shilling for the status quo, and too stupid to know it. -- Berengaria

Corporate puppeteers? Cops do not work for corporations, they work for all of us. Their job is to enforce the laws on the books, for the benefit of all of us. They follow orders of their superiors. And too many times, cops give their lives for us as well.

Cops are humans. They don't always get it right, and, like any other group of humans, there are good cops and bad cops and even rogue cops. Obviously, some cops used too much force in breaking up the protests. But if there were no cops, Berengaria, you would either be dead or living in extreme fear. A rogue cop or two is the price we pay to find folks who are willing to do the job at the price it pays. Hopefully, the system will eventually root out the rogue/bad cops.

This might surprise you, Berengaria, but there are folks on this planet that we need protection from. Cops are an unfortunate necessity; otherwise, none of us could live the lives that we live. If you need some confirmation of this fact, you might want to tour a prison.

Trashing cops in the manner you have is no different than bashing an entire race of people based solely on the actions of a few.

• designs
    designs

Damn long haired bearded hippies...oh wait that's Me!

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    Trashing cops in the manner you have is no different than bashing an entire race of people based solely on the actions of a few.

Only I was talking about the Tea Partiers, not cops.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Regardless of which side you are on, this type of stuff will not help the Occupy Movement...and no one really knows who is behind it:

PHOENIX, Ariz. — A flyer surfaced at 'Occupy Phoenix' that encourages the shooting of police officers, asking "When should you shoot a cop?"

A sheriff's deputy found the disturbing flyer at the Cesar Chavez Plaza and reported it to the Arizona Counter Terrorism Information Center, according to KPHO. Officials informed all local law enforcement agencies, who are investigating.

"Our investigation has begun, we're trying to determine who distributed those flyers. Who authored those," Bart Graves of the Arizona Department of Public Safety said.

Two 'Occupy' protesters claimed their group was not responsible, and they told TV reporters that the message doesn't help the movement's image.

Although officials say no credible threats against law enforcement have been uncovered, the flyer chillingly advocates for cop killers and elevates them to almost hero status, Conservative Byte reported.

"The next time you hear of a police officer being killed "’in the line of duty,’ take a moment to consider the very real possibility that maybe in that case, the ‘law enforcer’ was the bad guy and the ‘cop killer’ was the good guy," the flyer reportedly read.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Yet we don't know the author of the flyer. OW is not about killing police. There has been no violence related to the flyer. Apparently it isn't motivating the protestors to do anything awful. Perhaps it was planted there. Do you think they should walk away from their protest because crazy people exist? There is no reason to believe that anything OW does is encouraging such things. Nor are they responsible. Remember the crank call with Scott Walker where he admitted that he considered sending trouble makers into the crowds protesting his union busting bill? Certainly someone else can come up with a similar idea. Protests draw unstable people too.

NC

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Hi NC...I wasn't making a judgement on the Occupy movement. Whether I agree or not with Occupy Movement, things like this flyer do nothing but hurt everyone. If it was put out by anarchists siding with Occupy Movement or right wing militia types trying to sabotage the Occupy Movement, it will ultimately hurt any good that can come from the protests. There are a lot of crazies out there, but if something happens, people remember where it happened and not necessarily who was responsible for the event.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

cops work for the union (democrats)............... why would they succumb the left?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit