Further proof of no real message in OCCUPY

by free2beme 229 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

ahahaha!!!! and the people of Cuba fared worse than those of Haiti?? Your ignorance is astounding!

t

• james_woods
    james_woods

James Woods says that he does not want Marxism as the new government model for the United States.

He also says that it would be nice if protest crowds would pick up after themselves and use the plumbing facilities rather than the streets.

• talesin
    talesin

*wipes tears of laughter from eyes*

okay, keep living in your dreamworld.

no offense meant, and I hope none taken

t

• james_woods
    james_woods

None taken, comrade Talesin.

But as the old warning says - be careful what you wish for.

You might just get it.

Notwithstanding my sympathy for some of the elements of their cause, as a taxpayer, I resent the "Occupy LA" encampment on the lawn at LA City Hall. Their tents have killed the grass, which the taxpayers pay for. They had the nerve to say, when confronted with this issue on the local news, that they are saving water for the City. When they do finally leave, there will be no lawn, lots of refuse, and a plethora of turds for the taxpayers to pay to clean up/remediate. Maybe the City can then employ them to clean up the mess they made?

Suffice it to say I'm both unimpressed and displeased with the Occupy protests. However, notwithstanding my personal sentiments, this country was founded on dissent, and dissent remains an extremely important component in any democracy. These people are doing what I would never consider doing, which is putting their own safety, security, and welfare on the line in order to support their cause, whatever that cause is. I just wish they would find a way to do it that doesn't further degrade our cities and cause more expense to our financially struggling cities.

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

It seems to be desperately important to the right to discount and feign ignorance of the OWS message (thus the title of this thread.)

One would have to be awfully insulated from the real world in order to have no idea what is going on. So it is being framed as "poor against

rich" (which, actually, would be an interesting turnaround.)

I've given up discussing that aspect of the protests, because clearly the right has a death grip on ignorance that will not be dislodged by facts.

Bizzy- You have yet to address the FACT that the OWS movements are littered with open marxists, racist anti-semites, and the legalize marijuana crowd, along with every other faction of single issue protestors. The real problem with the occupy movement is that they don't have a message. It's a bunch of individual messages.

I've said in previous posts I agree with those in the protests who are protesting the bail outs of banks, auto manufacturers and TARP. Which reminds me that I find it ironic that Richard Trumka is taking the side of the protestors who are protesting the very bail outs for GM and Chrysler that he supported because it kept his UAW members employed. Talk about trying to have it both ways. It's absurd.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    Because they suffered under Marxism, which is exactly what this OCCUPY movement wants.

Sigh. James aren't you suppose to get wiser as you get older? Because this is pure nonsense. I have to assume that you are being purposely obtuse.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Honestly, the only thing I can agree with is:

--> That government has allowed banks to be too large.

--> Government should regulate large banks with anti-trust like laws.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Sigh. James aren't you suppose to get wiser as you get older? Because this is pure nonsense. I have to assume that you are being purposely obtuse.

Perhaps becoming wiser as we grow older in itself causes us to become more obtuse. Purposely.

Honestly, the only thing I can agree with is:
    --> That government has allowed banks to be too large.
    --> Government should regulate large banks with anti-trust like laws.

Those things I agree with. What I do not agree with is the Marxism, the anti-Semite rants, crapping all over public parks, and practically rioting in the streets for weeks on end. And strangely, I don't think very many of these crowds could put their protest into those two simple statements. At least, none of them I have seen interviewed on TV could do so.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    At least, none of them I have seen interviewed on TV could do so.

LOL of course not, you don't watch any sources that would allow them to be seen or heard!!! I didn't see anyone in any of Flipper's or Bizzy's pics that looked like Marxist anti Semites likely to crap in the park.

Since when does this,

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances"

need a permit? Or a time limit?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit