Has a very poorly dog.........

by watersprout 133 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

Keep your dog away from the garden now, i'm not meaning to sound rude but now you've established the cause you need to prevent the dog being poisoned until you do something about the mad woman next door. Personally, i would fit a camera secretly that overlooks your garden and get some evidence. When the dog goes out in the yard, keep it on a lead and watch out for anything suspicious. When you have evidence take it to the police.

• watersprout
    watersprout

You are not being rude at all. We have been routinely checking the garden and we have been going out with her. So far she has kept that tuna down, so fingers crossed. If all goes well I will give some more in a couple of hours. She is a stocky dog anyway, but she has gone really thin.....

Peace

• watersprout
  • ziddina
    ziddina

Aw, she's a cutie....

Crazy suggestion, Watersprout... I've kept many elderly cats alive that were having digestive and kidney and liver issues - longer - by using baby food - I'm specifically referring to the chicken and chicken-broth "1st" food - the one with NOTHING in it besides chicken...

Tuna is really rich and oily - maybe buy a jar or two of chicken baby food and give it to her, watered down???

Hope she continues to mend!

Zid

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I saw on my local news where someone put anti-freeze in someone's yard and the dog drank it. How sick is that.

I agree about the baby food,I got my sick dog to start eating again with baby food,just make sure it has no garlic or onions,just plain pureed meat.

• factfinder
    factfinder

@watersprout- thank you for posting the pictures! what a precious puppy! Please pet her for me-thanks!

I'm glad she is feeling a bit better and am very sad that your poor doggie is suffering from those burns from the poisoning. I hope you can catch your nasty neighbor in the act and your puppy continues to heal and feel better. I hope she will continue to eat, even just a little at a time and feels better real soon.

• Violia
    Violia

anti-freeze tastes like koolaide to cats and will shut down their kidneys. The vet told us there is almost no way to save the cat unless caught quickly and even then it is touch and go. We had a cat poisoned by anti-freeze years ago, poor baby. We found him dead. folks sometimes do this on purpose and other times they forget when they change the anti-freeze to throw it away and not leave it in the garage or driveway or ditch.

http://www.2ndchance.info/antifreeze.htm

• Glander
    Glander

This has got to stop. The intermentent poisoning episodes will eventually kill your beautiful dog. I agree with a blunt confrontation of the neighbor including a printed copy of the possible charges for animal poisoning. Maybe tell her that you are installing a surviellance camera, wether you do or not. I hate people who would do this.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Thinking about your nasty neighbor poisoning your dog (Yes-I believe it is her) makes me want to go over there and break her damn neck. I have to admit if we had a neighbor poisoning our dogs that neighbor would dead.

Yeah... belief is irrelevant to facts. Sure, go ahead and be internet tough guy. If you did that the dog would be in a shelter and you would be in jail. Smart move.

I agree with a blunt confrontation of the neighbor including a printed copy of the possible charges for animal poisoning.

Yeah, no one actually knows what is happening. This is the type of mentality that led to thousands of women and children being indiscriminately burned as witches. Good to see some people are just as dumb as we were 500 years ago.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

And the dog is adorable. I do have a soft spot in my heart for dogs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit