Has a very poorly dog.........

by watersprout 133 Replies latest jw friends

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

she can and will most likely deny it but that does not stop anyone from filing a police report. The reason one should file a police report even without concrete proof is, if it happens again and someone else also files a police report , well then you have 2 reports. You now have a paper trail.

A paper trail, sure. Just a trail of one person accusing another without any evidence. the police require things like actual evidence, not just "I think this person did something".

the vet can indeed say what he thought that it appeared to dog was possibly poisoned.

Yes. He can. He will also have to say he has no proof of poison except the initial accusation, also, by the way, without any proof.

what on earth would make you attack the poster and say "his web of lies". He has a dog that is most like being poisoned by someone next door to him and he has a small child who could indeed eat the poison that is being thrown out.

Because if someone told the police that without any proof and they investigated, you would either had to admit you had none or create a web of lies. that's not an attack, it's just the two routes you would have to go.

so what if she denies it, it is still on record at the police dept. so if it happens again, the police will take a much more serious look at her.

that's a great idea. file a police report to get them to investigate someone without any proof whatsoever. How about be responsible and, I dunno, get some? like the poison or use a cheap camera to record the area to see if you can catch her or keep an eye out the window rather than just run around telling people she is poisoning your dog? With no proof that's shaping up for a fine case of slander (and possibly libel if you ever print it out).

• ziddina
    ziddina

Entirely possible, the sequence of events is to go like this:

From this point on, NEVER let the dog out in the yard alone. ALWAYS go out with the dog on a LEASH, so they can pull her back if she sniffs something that interests her... Like "food"...

IF something shows up in the yard that 'interests' the dog, pull her back, mark the spot, come back outside [after putting the dog in] WITH A CLEAN PLASTIC BAGGIE and 'bag' the whatever-it-is....

THEN take it to the vet and have it tested. If the vet cannot perform proper tests on it, TAKE IT TO THE POLICE and tell them it landed in Watersprout's yard and the dog has been sick and maybe that weirdo next-door is trying to poison the child. INSIST that they test it for poison.

ALL WHILE THIS IS GOING ON, MAINTAIN SILENCE to this woman. That part about 'talking about what the woman might be throwing over the fence while in the back yard' may not be a good idea, if one wants to catch her in the act. Letting her know that you're onto her, might not be a good idea...

Also, this information was VERY relevant...

"...When I contacted the estate agents they told me that she had driven all the previous tenants out. ..."

This indicates two things - a prior pattern of abuse/offenses, and the woman's total lack of boundaries. It appears that this vicious mental case might be willing to go as far as poisoning PEOPLE, if she can't drive them away any other way...

Me, I'm going to have a talk with Kali, Sekhmet, Baba Yaga and Hecate' about this woman...

OOOOOO!! Just read Skeeter's post - I LIKE the idea of having someone run a background check on the psycho!!!

Zid

• ziddina
    ziddina

Sooo, EP....

Do you live in Watersprout's neighborhood???

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

yeah, see, zid, that's collecting actual evidence rather than just running around expecting someone else to do something on unfounded rumors. Even then, still have to prove it was HER that did it. For all we know it could be kids two streets over that playing sick jokes.

Someone being an asshole doesn't make them a dog poisoner. I think I make that case in point rather nicely.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Do you live in Watersprout's neighborhood???

I'm not the poisoning type, dear :)

• Violia
    Violia

EP

he does have some proof which include the dogs frequent illnesses and lack of illness when away from the home. He has had to take the dog to the vet numerous times. People often report things to the police without evidence. He can say what he suspects. he does not have to have a picture of her doing it.

It is not slander or libel for him to tell the police how he feels. Since he adds the little girl, I do not blame him one bit for his concern.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I agree with EP.... without any evidence or a confession you really don't have much to go on.

It's quite possible there's a plant or something that is poisoning the dog. Hence the dog getting sick at home, and not at other places.

Without evidence, the police have much more important things to investigate than a "hunch" that your "psycho" neighbour could be responsible.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

he does have some proof which include the dogs frequent illnesses and lack of illness when away from the home.

*sigh* .... that is not proof of poisoning.

He has had to take the dog to the vet numerous times.

Also not proof of poisoning.

People often report things to the police without evidence. He can say what he suspects. he does not have to have a picture of her doing it.

Very true. I imagine the cops love that. "Hey, another report with no proof! Sweet!". Of course, given the minimal effort involved to get proof it seems like it might be a good idea.

It is not slander or libel for him to tell the police how he feels. Since he adds the little girl, I do not blame him one bit for his concern.

I didn't say it was slander OR libel to tell the police. Nice refutation of something I never said. I specifically said telling OTHER PEOPLE like neighbors and the vet. And whether or not you blame him, lying to the police to get them to investigate someone is a crime in and of itself.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    " ...Someone being an asshole doesn't make them a dog poisoner. I think I make that case in point rather nicely. ..."
    I'm not the poisoning type, dear :)

Sure about that, are you?

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Why are you guys ganging up on EP for bringing a voice of reason to this discussion?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit