Has a very poorly dog.........

by watersprout 133 Replies latest jw friends

• Violia
    Violia

We have a neighborhood watch group and if it happened to me I'd post what was happening and let the neighbors draw their own conclusions. We try and look out for each other and the watch group has been a real help and the police are thrilled with it. If anyone even comes to our neighborhood whose car is not recognized, someone calls in the tags into the police. If they are not a criminal they have nothing to fear. We had an 80+ year old woman beat badly and car stolen. Since then we have swung into action.

He does not have to live like a hostage in his home. He has committed no crime if he lets others know that he suspects his dog may have been poisoned. I'd be very grateful if a neighbor told me that since I have pets that also occ go outdoors.

So yes he can tell other people like the neighbors or vet . He can't prove it but he has strong suspicion the dog was poisoned and fears for his little girl and he thought the neighbors might like to know that someone may be poisoning the animals. He's not saying who, the neighbors probably already know more than he is aware of.

neighbors should stick together and protect each other.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Sure about that, are you?

Unless you're counting an acute and sudden case of hollow point lead poisoning I am.

Why are you guys ganging up on EP for bringing a voice of reason to this discussion?

Because thinking is harder than reacting out of fear and ignorance.

He does not have to live like a hostage in his home.

100% agreed. Getting evidence given the minimal effort involved would be a start.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Sheee - yite...

If I were in your shoes, Watersprout, I'd DEFINITELY get that background check... Long as you can have it run without any information going back to HER...

As for EP...

Think about what might have happened if Jeffrey Dahmer's neighbors had been a bit more inquisitive? If the cops had actually LISTENED to Ted Bundy's co-worker...

Who knows? Maybe this beeyotch has a long history of poisoning things...

For that matter, if I were in Watersprout's shoes, I'd ask the real estate lady whether the possible poisoner ever had access to HIS back yard - say, while the place was vacant?? Perhaps there's something BURIED there, that she'd rather not have discovered...

Remember "Rear Window" with Grace Kelly and Jimmy Stewart? Remember why the dog in THAT movie was killed? Because it was DIGGING where "something" was buried....

Zid

• ziddina
    ziddina

Along with what Viola said, I'd talk to the other neighbors whose yards border the possible poisoner... Find out if any of THEIR pets have undergone mysterious illnesses, died suddenly or simply disappeared...

Naturally, Watersprout will have the BEST results if he asks questions and doesn't voice his suspicions - unless he runs across someone else who has the same suspicions and some indications similar to Watersprout's...

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Think about what might have happened if Jeffrey Dahmer's neighbors had been a bit more inquisitive? If the cops had actually LISTENED to Ted Bundy's co-worker...

False analogy is false.

Who knows? Maybe this beeyotch has a long history of poisoning things...

And maybe it's not poisoning at all, but hey, let's all just jump to the worst conclusion and pick someone to blame without doing minimal effort that could put the matter to rest.

Remember "Rear Window" with Grace Kelly and Jimmy Stewart? Remember why the dog in THAT movie was killed? Because it was DIGGING where "something" was buried....

Remember the other Hitchcock film "The Wrong Man"? Or "Dial M for Murder", "North By Northwest", "To Catch a Thief"...all movies where the wrong person is fingered.

Naturally, Watersprout will have the BEST results if he asks questions and doesn't voice his suspicions

Or ACTUAL effort to get evidence might give the best result.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Greetings, dear WS... and the greatest of love and peace to you! I responded via email, dear one. I am SO sorry that whatever's happening to dear poochie is happening. And I understand your concern: my husband found an arrow in our backyard this morning. And not a toy one: long yellow shaft with silver metal POINTED tip. A stray? Or has someone been using my puppies for target practice... and if so, why? So, had to call 'em in and close doggies door while we took off for the day (taking no chances).

Back to YOUR concerns: I don't want to diminish your concerns, at al... BUT... dear EP is right (peace to you, as well!). Unless you have some kind of PROOF (i.e., eyewitness, video, confession, etc.), the police can only take a report (IF they will take it) that you SUSPECT your dog has been poisoned... and SUSPECT your neighbor did it. Most likely, however, they WON'T take a report because you have no concrete... or circumstantial... evidence that your baby's been poisoned by a human (vs. plants, insecticide, tained food from the grocery, etc.), let alone by your neighbor.

And I would caution you... as a dear friend... you might want to not go around saying she IS poisoning your baby unless and until you DO have some proof. Because if it turns out she HASN'T... she could sue YOU. For slander and, since you've posted here, libel (if she ever found out).

Do your due diligence, my dear... FIRST. THEN lay fault, if the evidence shows there is some.

I hope this helps and, again, peace to you!

YOUR servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Do listen to Shelby: until you have some real evidence, all you have are suspicions (reasonable ones, but still just suspicions). Until you collect something suspicious in the yard, suspicion is all it is. Even if you do find something, was it the neighbor or somebody else who put it there? I'm thinking a motion-activated wildlife camera (discretely hidden) would help. Or a very obvious security camera (even a realistic fake camera can be a deterrent).

Don't overlook the grass, especially if you (or the lawn service) use fertilizers or garden chemicals--even "natural" or "organic" kinds. What's safe to walk on and sit on may not be safe for the dog to eat.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Danke, Shels. FWIW, I agree 100% with everything you wrote ;)

• Violia
    Violia

With all due respect to Shelby and others,

never discourage someone from filing a police report. The police decide what to do with it , not you. They will take the report bc it creates a paper trail .he does not have to be right and have conclusive evidence. he is just reporting his concerns. The paper trail is what you are after.

do not be afraid to let the neighbors know the dog has been getting ill as any of them that let their animals out should be worried too.

no you can't go to the neighbors and accuse the neighbor by name, , but you can raise questions and express concern for the animals and small children in the neighborhood. Nothing crazy or wrong with that.

don't let others frighten or belittle you from telling the police of your concerns. the police meet on a regular basis with our neighborhood watch group and are glad to listen to any of our concerns and worries and take our reports.. We have found them to be a good friend. Remember, you are not trying a case in court by filing a report. You are just a citizen who has concerns and is letting others know. If done correctly , no mention of the neighbors name will be needed.

glad you are moving, so sorry this is happening to you In our area citizens are encouraged to report any suspicious activity and concerns.

best to you and your family , whatever you decide to do.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

so...

1. Create a worthless paper trail with the police without doing any work get the information on your own, despite how appallingly easy it is

2. try to let everyone know what you think without actually saying it or doing an work to get the information on your own, despite how appallingly easy it is

3. Without knowing what's going on or doing any work to find out what IS going on, go stir up everyone's emotions and be sure to combine with NOT telling them what you think with a wink wink nudge nudge.

4. Call the cops every time a car drives by that you don't recognize.

Yeah, awesome plan there. That doesn't reek of crazy at all. It reeks of nutjob with a just a dash of lazines thrown in for flavor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit