Are JWs Who Join This Forum Expected to Tow the Accepted Line of

by believingxjw 119 Replies latest jw friends

• sherah
    sherah

BXJW, I think you are off the mark with your assessement. Breaking any of the forum guidelines will get you booted.

Recently, there have been threads critical of Farkel and Barbara Anderson. In my recollection, no one was banned for disagreeing with them. There was even a thread critical of Ray Franz right after his death. The majority of posters on these threads were upset but no one was banned.

If you have a specific instance in mind, please share it to provide context. Be forewarned. If your critism is of the moderators handling of the matter, it's a violation.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    There are many out there who work hard to bring change to the Watchtower

Not to change the subject, dear BEJW (again, peace to you!)... but... apparently these didn't get the memo re putting "new wine into old wineskins." Or the one about how some things just need to be torn down... all the way to the foundation... and its "cornerstone." Wink, wink...

The place is infested, dear one, with all kinds of vermin. Short of torching it, they'll only breed... and reinfest all over again. Can't help it.

Again, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

LOL, so tell me is the myth still alive that JWD is the beginning and the end of the apostate cause? Hardly! There are many out there who work hard to bring change to the Watchtower and who never post on this forum! A little humility is a good thing.

A little humility is a great thing, but not everybody believes that. I'll say this, those who have put their identity out there and taken a stand against the WT deserves all of our admiration. Especially individuals like Mrs.Anderson, Lady Lee, and Randy Watters amongst many others, as what they've done takes courage and even defiance which I have to admit I'm just not ready to embrace that kind of attitude just yet, although I'm slowly getting there. Also, Simon and the mods deserve credit for establishing and maintaining this outlet. We owe them, heck I owe them for helping me figure out why I was so confused and angry for the past decade.

However at the same time, when one of the anonymous peanut gallery here on JWN offers some constructive criticism in a respectful manner, that poster shouldn't be ridiculed. When ones ridicule those posters, it demonstrates that the apple hasn't fallen too far from the Watchtower's tree. Another thing I'd say too is that this board shouldn't be viewed as strictly an apostate board, but unfortunately the WT apologists that come on here aren't very respectful and in particular one long winded apologist I'm starting to wonder if he's simply a fraud who's had some connection to Jehovah's Witnesses at one point in his life. I wish more WT apologists would post here, and be treated respectfully, but hey who am I kidding? If a poster takes the time to register here and post, that speaks volumes to their belief system as it is. They've already taken the first step to breaking the WT's chains simply by posting here as they're disobeying the faithful and discreet slave's direction to not do such a thing.

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Thanks for your thoughts, No Room For George.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It is interesting isn't that we must be careful what we say lest we be banned here. Not for obscene speech or claims of being the Messiah ect, but only for saying we don't like or agree with what a prominent ExJW has to say!

You have some evidence of this?

In my experience it has been lopsided, but not the way you describe it. Ex's have banned for breaking the rules, while some apologists have got away with it time after time, even having their more embarrassing threads disappear.

• wobble
    wobble

I have not read the whole thread , I've got blocked drains to attend to, as well as work, so this point may have been made.

I do not think we have "leaders" here, or anyone whose opinion is beyond criticism or arguing with.

If I post something that others disagree with, I expect to be shown where they consider my point of view is wrong. The only leading that is done is to me either changing my opinion, or at least coming to a better understanding of theirs.

Criticise as much as you like, even some of the "greats" on here, as long as you are within the site rules/guidelines, and you are not just making a fatuous Ad Hominem attack, or similar.

We came here for the freedom to express our views, and hear the views of others, even if they are diametrically opposed to ours.

• nugget
    nugget

In my experience everyone is free to express an opinion and criticise another persons point of view. What they are not allowed to do is be offensive. Sometimes people let their passion for an argument spill over into inflamotory speech which serves no purpose except to offend and insult. Even people we like can on occasion behave like total idiots and have their posting rights revoked.

What is different is that everyone had an opportunity to view their posts and nothing was done in secret.

• Curtains
    Curtains

someone suggested that minimus is one of our leaders. I would never listen to him

I might listen to outlaw

• eruption
    eruption

I need to try and limit my bad language, and have been pulled up on that, which is fair enough it it gets ott, other than that I take shit from NO ONE, however if IM wrong I will apologise, we can have a robust exchange of views.

There is a hirarchy here, but so what ? Just ignore it, or if its valid, put the boot in, either way I think you would have to behave really badly, be unapologetic (if you were wrong ) and basically want to be removed, to be taken off here. Thats just my view.

• cantleave
    cantleave

The big difference about being DF's by the GB and kicked off this board is the GB screw up your life by getting your friends, family and other JW's to shun you. Here you get kicked off for being naughty, no-one shuns you. You can go and cause trouble on all the other xJW boards.

Maze, addressing your pathetic comment - we can have disagreements because we are no longer brainwashed into conformity by a cult!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit