Are JWs Who Join This Forum Expected to Tow the Accepted Line of

by believingxjw 119 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Tongue in cheek here, as a moderator and compulsive speller, the expression is "toe the line".

Behavior will get you kicked off...not beliefs.

I've questioned prominent ex-JW's if I thought their claims were questionable.

I do notice that board veterans will swarm proclaimed JW's and apologists. They may also question a newcomer's veracity. I don't like it. I chalk it up to long comfort with the board and a building of group identity.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

It is interesting isn't that we must be careful what we say lest we be banned here. Not for obscene speech or claims of being the Messiah ect, but only for saying we don't like or agree with what a prominent ExJW has to say!

I've yet to witness that, sounds like your trying to set up something fictional in your head.

I've seen threads shut down because they are going nowhere and the mods have deemed the discussion inappropriate.

I've yet to see someone getting banned from the site based on a stern disagreement with another member.

I've seen people leave the site shortly after having a big disagreement with someone else but they weren't banned because

of it.

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Sab,

The GB, such as it is, is the "owner" of the JW world. Yet, we all know a wrong when we see it. If it is wrong for them to ban criticism, something we decry, is it not also wrong when we do similarly?

• moshe
    moshe
    Can a poster here criticize and vehemently disagree with recognized "leaders" in the exJW world just as many here disagree with the Watchtower or religion in general?

I see no problem- disagree if you will, but if you are the lone wolf out of 20, then step back and think some more. I personally know a holier-than-thou well known ex-JW that I don't agree with either--

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

The older posters here know what I'm referring to. There is a code of silence here not too different from Watchtower. But the old time posters know exactly who I'm referring to when I mention those years, when AlanF, and others, were "disfellowshipped" here. Unclebruce knows exactly what I mean. Other forums were started because of a grand "disfellowshipping" here years ago and only the older posters know of this. Sadly, not too different from the Watchtower.

Ask Farkel.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

believingxjw: Please see posting guideline #11, below.

Posting Guidelines

To ensure all users feel safe and keen to participate, please avoid:

1. Insulting, threatening or provoking language
    2. Inciting hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristic.
    3. Swearing, using hate-speech or making obscene or vulgar comments.
    4. Breaking the law
      This includes libel, condoning illegal activity and contempt of court (comments which might affect the outcome of an approaching court case). You may post a small amount of third party material, but please help us to avoid breaching copyright by naming its author and publication. We are unable to investigate all third party material, so where possible, please provide a link instead.
    5. Spamming
      Please don't add the same comment to more than one forum.
    6. Advertising
      You can mention relevant, non-commercial websites as long as they support your comment.
    7. Impersonating or falsely claiming to represent a person or organisation.
      Please don't mislead other users by abusing our registration procedure.
    8. Posting in a language other than English.
    9. Invading people's privacy
      Please don't post private addresses or phone numbers, including your own. You may post email addresses so long as you make it clear who they belong to.
    10. Posting an off-topic comment.
    11. Publicly disputing or arguing about moderator decisions
      If you disagree with any action taken then please raise it via email or PM.
  • believingxjw
    believingxjw

Leaving, I'm not disputing moderator decisions. I'm merely stating my opinion. Or are you saying that to merely state our opinion is tantamont to disputing? Do you not see that is just what the elders in the JW congregation teach?

• Violia
    Violia

Bxjws,

this is as level of a playing field as you'll probably find. Since xjws are not an org in itself, we are free to believe whatever we want. If you disagree with posters on the board you will need to follow the posting guidelines . This the wts big error-- seeing all xjws are the same, seeing them as an organization. They are not. You can believe anything you want and you don't have to run it by Simon or the mods for it to be OK. And yes, there does seem to be a bit of hierarchy in the xjws world- some have spent more time and money than the rest of us . In the jws world the writers of the mags were to not be known but here you can get credit for your work.

V

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Leaving, I'm not disputing moderator decisions. I'm merely stating my opinion. Or are you saying that to merely state our opinion is tantamont to disputing? Do you not see that is just what the elders in the JW congregation teach?

IMHO, the spirit of your comments are in violation of this specific portion of Posting Guideline #11.

If you disagree with any action taken then please raise it via email or PM.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I've read a lot of freeness of speach here! Love believingJW!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit