Are JWs Who Join This Forum Expected to Tow the Accepted Line of

by believingxjw 119 Replies latest jw friends

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Enjoy your coffee, Outlaw... you're not interested in having an adult debate so I'm not going to waste my time with you...

Have a good day...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Enjoy your coffee, Outlaw... you're not interested in having an adult debate so I'm not going to waste my time with you...
    Have a good day......Broken Promises

Translation:

I can`t back up a word I have said..So I`m Running Away..

You can`t catch me,I`m Too Fast..

................. ...OUTLAW

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Outlaw, I don't have to back up anything. Not that you ever clarified what I supposedly said that you disagreed with.

You sure like to ASSume things, don't you dearie?

• AGuest
    AGuest

Okay, I'm gonna come right out and say it (may you all have peace!), in light of the direction the discussion is going. I hoped I never had to, but given the comments from dear FF (peace to you!), I think it's time for some truth. Just as there are a faction of people who "need" prominence, there are a faction of people who despise it in others. Whether it's earned, justified, or not. They hate the "popular" kids at school, the "popular" folks in the KH, the "popular" family on the block. Even... if such popularity is the result of such people being honest and genuine. They don't CARE if such folks are looked up to because they display qualities that others are attracted to; they simply hate the FACT... that such folks are looked up to. They don't like it when folks compliment one another genuinely... or show genuine regard for another.

I've actually studied these people for some time. Especially here. Because I marveled at how they took a particular exception to ME, versus what I posted. I noticed they took similar exception to others... others who were well-regarded by others. For some reason, they just don't LIKE that. It is an experience that evokes an eye-rolling, finger down the throat jestering, "gag me with a spoon," reaction.

What I've come to learn is that not only are such folks usually super/hyper/ultra sensitive to certain situations (particularly where more than the usual attention (in their estimation) is given to someone ELSE, but have underlying self-esteem issues that evoke these negative emotions ("Who is SHE/HE/THEY, so that folks listen to/wanna be friends with/like HER/HIM/THEM...?").

I've also come to learn that a whole LOT of that is unique to many "born-ins". Which leads me to believe that this viewpoint is really a great deal of residual baggage from a long period of WTBTS indoctination. It is WRONG for someone to call attention to... well, anything except the GB and "Society." They've never really learned (were allowed to learn) that not all attention to another is bad. And that having a few like you isn't the same as having the world love you.

The sad result of this, though, is that while most of these folks secretly wish for some of that attention themselves, they don't realize/understand that their repulsion of it as to others can often manifest itself in a repulsion by others as to them. What to do? While I don't subscribe whole-heartedly to all that Paul said and taught, there are a few things he wrote that I think were quite appropropriate. One of them was to the Corinthians and I think it's applicable here:

"Widen out."

No one HAS to agree with anyone. But if you wear your... ummmmm... disappointment... about pretty much everything... and EVERYONE (until someone rightfully puts you in your place only after which you "respect" them)... folks are going to "see" that in you and pretty much choose to disagree with you... regardless of what you say and whether you are wrong OR right.

Learn to play well in the sandbox. And if you believe some of the kids to be bullies... don't play with THEM. There are plenty of other "properly raised" kids to play with... and plenty of room in the sandbox. There are also other sandboxes... and other playgrounds. Sure, you can stand up to the "bullies" (that you perceive)... but you risk (1) getting the crap beat out of you, or (2) turning out to BE the bully yourself.

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Outlaw, I don't have to back up anything. Not that you ever clarified what I supposedly said that you disagreed with.

You sure like to ASSume things, don't you dearie?.....Broken Promises

You have an extremely short attention span..You acknowledged my disagreement with you,on the top of page 4..

I`ll post it for you ..

I don`t know if your capable of finding page 4 again..

I`ve been here 9 years..

I`ve never seen an Unspoken Heiarchy,or Leaders.......OUTLAW

Meh, whatever. Just because YOU haven't had the comprehension to understand when a newbie (or otherwise) who has dared to question other
    "senior" posters is being harassed for daring to question them.
    Here are a couple of threads that show what happens when someone dares to question a "leader":.....Broken Promises

If you Intend to Reply..

Take everything Shiny off your Computer Desk and try to Concentrate ..

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

To be fair, Broken brings up a valid point, especially in the hyperlinked threads she posted above, which I'll paste as well.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/180787/1/I-am-having-some-reservations-about-Barbara-Anderson

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/208403/1/AndersonsInfo

These threads got ugly all because someone had the audacity to offer constructive criticism, or indicate reservations with some of the more tabloid-esque rumors in WT land which do nothing but build anticipation. It's actually a lot like the thread I did on the 12% stipend for pioneers/elders/ministerial servants, where I didn't get back to the thread fast enough to tell others it was tongue in cheek and not real. A lot of people were pissed at me for that, and now I understand why because I was irritated by Rick Fearon's nonsense. With Mrs.Anderson, who's reputation and credentials are impeccable, it was somewhat disappointing to see her associate herself with what I like to call Tabloid Apostacy. Apparently, or maybe I should say, evidently , I wasn't the only one. Nothing disrespectful about her was ever said, and I don't even recall her stating she was offended any way, someone correct me if I'm wrong. However, a handful of other posters caught offense and came down hard upon those expressing themselves. They went overkill like a sledgehammer on an ant, or bringing an uzi to a knife fight.

• sd-7
    sd-7
    Meh, whatever. Just because YOU haven't had the comprehension to understand when a newbie (or otherwise) who has dared to question other "senior" posters is being harassed for daring to question them.

I just read one of the threads referenced there. Seems to me that most people were pretty fair and even-handed in their responses. People who knew Barbara Anderson personally and thought highly of her might've felt an attack on her character was being made, and/or lashed out and said some mean things. But that was, from what I could tell, a misunderstanding that got blown out of proportion by the personalities clashing there. It happens. Doesn't mean there was some sort of cult-like knee-jerk response, per se. (In that case, apparently it didn't scare JWoods away, which in my opinion, is good--he seems pretty cool to me. Also I like the name.)

I know of people who have made me pretty mad here, and it stings for awhile for somebody to throw dirt in your eye. But in time, you get over it. Even my best bud Jamiebowers has ruffled my feathers at times, but it happens. It seems sad to me that this thread was necessary. People shouldn't feel afraid to express their opinions about someone or something.

Bottom line? Hopefully we're all mature enough to disagree respectfully. (No. We're not. We've got issues.) I don't believe being on JWN requires that you accept "the true apostate teachings, including those unique to Ray Franz, Barb Anderson, or whoever". In fact I think there's a list, like, right at the bottom of your screen, that shows the requirements. Are you in violation of those rules? No? Then keep on postin'! If you are, rethink what you're saying, why you're saying it, and how you're saying it.

--sd-7

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    To be fair, Broken brings up a valid point, especially in the hyperlinked threads she posted above, which I'll paste as well.....NRFG

Hey Misery..

I have to disagree with you..BP makes no point at all..

There are No "JWN Leaders"..There is No "JWN Unspoken Heirarchy"..

BP failed to prove it with those posts..

What there is..Is a lot of people,with a lot of opinions..Nothing more..

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

It's all good Outlaw, love, peace, fried chicken and Heineken forever!!

(In that case, apparently it didn't scare JWoods away, which in my opinion, is good--he seems pretty cool to me. Also I like the name.)

JWoods is a good dude. Glad to say I've interacted with him.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!!@Misery!!..

It's all good Outlaw, love, peace, fried chicken and Heineken forever!!

Bud..You have to try some Molson Canadian Beer with your KFC..

The combination of the 2 flavours is Awesome..

Every American I know who has tried our beer,loves it..

I`ll have a Beer for you later..LOL!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit