Are JWs Who Join This Forum Expected to Tow the Accepted Line of

by believingxjw 119 Replies latest jw friends

• Maze
    Maze

Another apostate feud?

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Leaving,

"IMHO, the spirit of your comments are in violation of this specific portion of Posting Guideline #11."

And yet I have not even done what Raymond Franz and Ed Dunlap did. I'm just stating my opinion among friends and in front of the powers that be here on JWD. Do you really believe my "violations" warrant scrutiny? Do you not see that to disallow disagreement here is just the same as what the Watchtower does to its members?

• AGuest
    AGuest

Greetings, dear BEJW... and peace to you! I think you're missing the truth that all people will, at some point, avoid... ignore... or take issue with those who disagree with them to one extent or another. Wherever you are, whatever religion, whatever Internet forum. Unlike the WTBTS, however, none of us HAVE to be here... or risk great loss. We are free to move on, visit other sites, and generally post what we want to. In addition, if you DO choose to post... or even move on... there's no backroom kangaroo kourt... or risk of have your loved ones removed/restricted from you. Or terrible assault on your reputation (well, okay, that can happen here, so I'll take that back).

Folks here are just being human (albeit, smug, sarcastic, intolerant, even blasphemous at times)... but that's the thing: they CAN be without risking losing all that they love. Some may "see" things the way you do, some may not. Big deal. But you won't gain many sympathizers by breaking the rules (again, see Rule #11 - this post smacks of "publicly" disagreeing versus taking to email/PM, as directed).

Besides, if this was a court of law, you'd pretty much have to go along with the judge/jury's decision, unless you can appeal. Which I think you can do via PM. But you don't get to "take it to the streets" there, any more than you do with the WTBTS. Or here.

My advice? Don't take those you disagree with, who disagree with you... and yourself... SO seriously. Take what you need ... and let others "live." Not saying you have to like it, but, well, you really do have to kind of go along to get along... to SOME extent. No matter where you be/go. That really is just the way it is.

Again, peace to you. Truly. Here and wherever you are...

A slave of Christ,

SA

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

If we are afraid to speak our mind here and criticize whom we will how can we then expect JWs to have the courage to do what we ourselves will not do. They fear to speak out, so do many here.

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Thank you, SA.

You have been here long enough to know that injustice has been done towards those who at one time posted here, AlanF and others included.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

believingxjw: In your opinion, WHO should get to decide the manner in which criticism of the way this forum is oeprated should be handled?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

T

he older posters here know what I'm referring to. There is a code of silence here not too different from Watchtower.
    But the old time posters know exactly who I'm referring to when I mention those years, when AlanF, and others, were "disfellowshipped" here.
    Unclebruce knows exactly what I mean. Other forums were started because of a grand "disfellowshipping" here years ago and only the older posters know of this.
    Sadly, not too different from the Watchtower.......Ask Farkel.............Believing exJW

People who continuosly break Guidelines get Warnings..Then they get the Boot..

As much as I like AlanF..He wasn`t above the rules here..

I would love to see him back but I`m told he`s moved on with his life..

And..

I don`t need to ask Farkel..

Farkel admits he screwed up and is happy to be Back on JWN..

I`m happy he`s back too..

The board wouldn`t be the same without him..

..............;-) ...OUTLAW

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Leaving,

If we are to criticize the way the Watchtower is operated, the way the GB throws people out for disagreeing with them, are you saying we here must be muzzeled and not be able to say what our thougts are on the operation of this forum? Does one standard apply to the Watchtower and another to this forum? Do we not expect the GB to deal with the questions and letters sent to them? But, here, to disagree is against the rules? Really?

• Violia
    Violia

Maze, at least we are free to disagree ( spell check blunder lol)and fight if we wish. That can't be done even in the most civil manner at the kh.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Does one standard apply to the Watchtower and another to this forum?

The Watchtower claims to represent God. This forum is a free Internet discussion forum, run by volunteers who claim to represent. . .nobody. Can you see why I cannot understand why the two should be compared with one another?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit